The Decline of Ferris

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TheBoat
Novice

The Decline of Ferris

Post by TheBoat »

Never offered much insight but jez the last few weeks he's fallen as far as the Ulster team. His punditry yesterday was nothing short of terrible. He even refers to his bait style opinion pieces in the commentary, crediting himself with inspiring Kitschoff to have a decent 10mins.

He's now been on twatter goading again. Flagged up by big Stu.

Pity someone who had so much potential as a player but had chocolate knees has become so bitter.
received_1543925276390596.jpg
received_1543925276390596.jpg (59.37 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Dharper
Steward

Re: The Decline of Ferris

Post by Dharper »

To be fair it shows in stark terms how far UR has fallen, it’s a damning indictment.
Fair play McCloskey for calling it out. It’ll be a tough few yrs to rebuild. We were a long way behind in the power stakes. We are yrs away for being genuine contenders against any good power sides.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

You’d have to say though, Cooney, McCloskey and Henderson’s form has fallen off a cliff. Alan O’Connor looks ready for the knacker yard.

TOT has been very poor in the scrum. Baloucoune and Lowry feel like they give away a try or two every game.

This Ulster side is in a very bad place.

Much worse than 12 months ago.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

TheBoat wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:13 am Never offered much insight but jez the last few weeks he's fallen as far as the Ulster team. His punditry yesterday was nothing short of terrible. He even refers to his bait style opinion pieces in the commentary, crediting himself with inspiring Kitschoff to have a decent 10mins.

Pity someone who had so much potential as a player but had chocolate knees has become so bitter.

When you look at the comparisons it’s hard to replace anyone in the first line up from the second .. maybe Henderson in place of Touhy and McCloskey in place of Marshall
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

That X post by Ferris is as low as low can be, just as you thought he couldn't get any lower, slithering around on his belly. I'd take any of those 15 lads yesterday over him. None have betrayed the province regardless of where you feel their playing ability is at. I doubt any of them would turn as lowly on their own as he just has, he'll claim he's only doing his job but he is completely wrong. Plenty of excellent pundits out there, they're smart enough not to spill bile, none stoop even close to where he is at.

Don't bother coming to Ravenhill next Friday Snake Stevie , you're no longer a former player that represents our club or cares for Ulster.

DISGUSTING!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:26 am
TheBoat wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:13 am Never offered much insight but jez the last few weeks he's fallen as far as the Ulster team. His punditry yesterday was nothing short of terrible. He even refers to his bait style opinion pieces in the commentary, crediting himself with inspiring Kitschoff to have a decent 10mins.

When you look at the comparisons it’s hard to replace anyone in the first line up from the second .. maybe Henderson in place of Touhy and McCloskey in place of Marshall
Cockers, you normally don't miss a trick, this post is about Stephen "Snake" Ferris, not about the comparisons.

He's turned into a guy that would turn off an Ulster players life support machine, so he could charge his mobile phone.

It's a real shame, I thought he was an Ulsterman.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Who wins what? Trophies?

Answer: neither of them

If the current team could also have 4 NIQ's including 3 world cup winners and 3 out of 4 in the pack they would be doing better
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

What was the context or point?
If it's to show how far we've fallen in 10 years through all of the issues we've been discussing, he's correct. Truth hurts. Maybe we need a bit more honesty instead of all the "learnings" BS. At what point do our professional players take ownership?
Stu is not without criticism. Many of our senior pros look finished or rudderless. The coach can only do so much.
The squad on paper belies the fact that many look prematurely finished. Others have not fulfilled the potential of 1-2 years ago. Some were never good enough.
Cooney is 33/34, Hendo 32, Mac 32, Luke retiring, Moore done, Herring 32, AOC 32, etc. They are not getting better. They have also shown little or no ownership or leadership to a whole generation of potential coming through. Thank feck for Sheridan, McCann and Wilson, who at least seem to be trying.
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:51 pm That X post by Ferris is as low as low can be, just as you thought he couldn't get any lower, slithering around on his belly. I'd take any of those 15 lads yesterday over him. None have betrayed the province regardless of where you feel their playing ability is at. I doubt any of them would turn as lowly on their own as he just has, he'll claim he's only doing his job but he is completely wrong. Plenty of excellent pundits out there, they're smart enough not to spill bile, none stoop even close to where he is at.

Don't bother coming to Ravenhill next Friday Snake Stevie , you're no longer a former player that represents our club or cares for Ulster.

DISGUSTING!
:lol:
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Its one thing us all having a bit of a slabber about how tom kite the current team is, on an anonymous internet forum. But Stevie, being in the public eye, had no business posting something I would here, onto Twatter.

He's right of course. And I don't buy this whole "we aren't allowed to criticise the team and players" nonsense that some players or fans believe. They were woeful yesterday, absolutely dreadful. I would like to think they know that themselves, and Murphy reiterated the message in the changing rooms. So I can see why Stu told him to STFU.

But given how long we have been awful for, it seems that protecting the team, their egos, and fans being unconditional in our support of them, is not working in turning the team's fortunes around. We all want us back to our best, competing for trophies and playing entertaining rugby, but the impression I get from the body language of the players is one of defeat, and not really looking too bothered about it.

If something good comes from Ferris' whinge, hopefully there'll be a bit of fire in the belly next weekend to show that they care about the shirt after a p!ss poor season.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

So It Is wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:48 pm Its one thing us all having a bit of a slabber about how tom kite the current team is, on an anonymous internet forum. But Stevie, being in the public eye, had no business posting something I would here, onto Twatter.

He's right of course. And I don't buy this whole "we aren't allowed to criticise the team and players" nonsense that some players or fans believe. They were woeful yesterday, absolutely dreadful. I would like to think they know that themselves, and Murphy reiterated the message in the changing rooms. So I can see why Stu told him to STFU.

But given how long we have been awful for, it seems that protecting the team, their egos, and fans being unconditional in our support of them, is not working in turning the team's fortunes around. We all want us back to our best, competing for trophies and playing entertaining rugby, but the impression I get from the body language of the players is one of defeat, and not really looking too bothered about it.

If something good comes from Ferris' whinge, hopefully there'll be a bit of fire in the belly next weekend to show that they care about the shirt after a p!ss poor season.
Ferris never said anything wrong,

This Ulster have been absolute garbage this season, and have been hammered 4 times in Europe. This squad is in a bad place with a good number of over the hill players with egos and young fellas who think they are better than they are.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Big-al wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:04 pm This squad is in a bad place with a good number of over the hill players with egos and young fellas who think they are better than they are.
Never a truer word... sadly.

I wouldn't quite put all the older players in the same basket but the last part is spot on.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

He's meant to be an informed pundit as a former player. He did this to encourage a pile-on, and his justification / clap-back at Stu is a load of cobblers. It doesn't matter whether Ferris has a point or not. It's the sort of thing a random supporter like you or I would put up on Twitter.

He seems to have gone down the Stephen Jones / Neil Francis "say something inflammatory to get attention" route of punditry.

Can't even spell Pienaar or Baloucoune correctly.

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

shamalicious wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:20 pm Can't even spell Pienaar or Baloucoune correctly.
And he thinks there's only one F in F*****g Ferris. :duck:

I'd take Darren Cave's or Paul Marshall's punditry over Ferriss's any day.

They at least try to talk about things other than big hits. Admittedly minor matters like tactics, players' strengths (and weaknesses) and moral within the set-up etc - none of which are as important as Stevie's big hits, but it does at least vary the punditry a bit.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Okay , Ferris isn't in the premier league of rugby pundits , and his totally self obsessed comment that Kitshoff's (alleged) improved performance yesterday was in response to a previous Ferris press article, was puerile in the extreme !! However, posting 2024/2014 teams and asking who wins is hardly worthy of ANY response from a current Ulster player; indeed publicly responding to press comments just shows what a bad position the Ulster team is currently in.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.