Ulster Drugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Ulster Drugby

Post by Cockatrice »

Too good a heading not to move from finances thread..

As a landlord UR are at arms length with using a management company to rent property but at the same time it is adjacent and attached to the stadium. I have in the past queried why UR have spent £500,000 on a house described as an investment at a time when debts are so high. I understand the concept but houses are presumably not purchased by the club for all players.

Rented and being used as a Cannibas grow house it was apparently becoming obvious to neighbours that something was not right. I presume that UR can blame others managing the property and I suspect many will see no fault.

However it doesn’t read well…..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster Drugby

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:05 am Too good a heading not to move from finances thread..

As a landlord UR are at arms length with using a management company to rent property but at the same time it is adjacent and attached to the stadium. I have in the past queried why UR have spent £500,000 on a house described as an investment at a time when debts are so high. I understand the concept but houses are presumably not purchased by the club for all players.

Rented and being used as a Cannibas grow house it was apparently becoming obvious to neighbours that something was not right. I presume that UR can blame others managing the property and I suspect many will see no fault.

With the property or the club!

Bit ironic seeing as UR have supposedly stopped using grass.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:51 pm
Cockatrice wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:05 am Too good a heading not to move from finances thread..

With the property or the club!

Bit ironic seeing as UR have supposedly stopped using grass.
Both I think…. All gone bit off since the 3G installation which I understand neighbours were not necessarily against just the manner of how the plans were submitted negating the need for any Environmental Study which by regulation was seemingly required. Since then UR have stopped community meetings seemingly after issues with comments made at a meeting against an elected representatives which they have refused to condone despite the apparent sectarian/homophobic nature of them… apparently if your the only one in room that didn’t hear it then it never happened.

Also they apparently advised someone that they were no longer suitable for employment with them given they had objected to the 3G pitch which in my opinion says a lot about them…
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Great title
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Did they find any PEDs ?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jetstream wrote:Did they find any PEDs ?
Just sedatives.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Is it the house beside the war memorial?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

HammerTime wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:59 pm Is it the house beside the war memorial?
Judging by the photos in the news it’s one down from that…. They reportedly purchased it for £495,000 cash as part of a scheme to purchase a number of houses along that stretch. At a time of such financial problems some might say clearing the debt would be better although renting a house for £2000pm would maybe pay a wage somewhere.

Hardly good PR
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Maybe someone was thinking ahead if the corners ever get filled in then some properties may need to be purchased.