Six nations referees

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Six nations referees

Post by Setanta »

Question: I see on the Irish site that Stuart Dickinson (SCO) is refereeing IRE v SCO in the six nations!! Is that allowed?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

thought all the 6N matches had "neutral" referees myself.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Not sure if it is but I suppose it must be but it is highly unusual and the Rugby authorities are leaving themselves open for a lot of criticism if it goes wrong or if there are marginal decisions which there are bound to be. I have grim memories of Donybrook last season when Alain Rolland of the Leinster Branch refereed and gave something like 19 penalties against Ulster. Rightly or wrongly is irrelevant as the stick after was horrendus as it was a tight game with Ulster loosing to a Leinster penalty close to the end. The logic at the time was that as it was Christmas it would be best to have a local ref and not inconvenience refs by having them criss cross the UK. And there was also a feeling that Leinster would stuff Ulster, a bit of a non contest .... wrong. I would hope it is a misprint or someone will rectify it.

Is that the same Dickinson that reffed Ulster in Cardiff?

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Stuart Dickinson is an Aussie but his officiating must have reminded the IRB of Scottish referees because he's a numptie.

Rob DICKSON was the ref last Friday.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Thanks Freddie

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52