Ronan McCormack

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Ronan McCormack

Post by barney »

Ronnie was introduced to the Leinster fans at a supporters' club event in Old Wesley last night.

He spoke highly of the Ulster setup and how he had two very good years there.

He was asked about the Players Action Group and was less than complimentary about them. Anyone know who they are and what they do?
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I asked this question on the Leinster Board last season but from what my ailing and senile brain can remember. They are a committee made up of representatives from the provinces that more or less deciede who plays where. If Ulster want to buy a player from down under they can vetoe it. To what that extent a vetoe runs I am not sure but I suspect it may be for the realease of funds to pay for that player as they are paid centrally. Should they wish they could tell BOD to play for Connaght. Something like that.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

Thanks for the info Colin :)
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

and who makes up the players action group, national level managers, fans?, provincial directors, who? :? The professionalism of the sport in Ireland has to be sorted out. It's unbelieveable that club managers and possibly provincial managers have to take their orders from someone else as to who should play, and where and for whom!!! That'd be like saying Eddie O'Sullivan has a say over who plays for the Ulster team before Mark McCall :?: I can't believe that scenario could happen :shock: It would make his position untenable I'm sure :roll:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I suppose every time you see a wasps nest you just have to poke it with a big stick fermain :lol: :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Pass on that one Fermain ..... thats about all that I know but they are quite a powerful body. Despite the denials I am sure four year Eddie has a say in the selection but then again the IRFU pays the bills so he who pays the piper calls the tune. Given what is going on in the Premiership at the moment .............

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

who uses a stick paul? :shock:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!