Directions to Ravenhill

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

garf11
Novice

Post by garf11 »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:WE WERE TALKING ABOUT BOYCOTTING FRENCH PRODUCTS, SO I HAD TO CHECK MY KNICKERS!!

Anyway Donny, glad to hear that female directions got you to Ravenhill without any difficulties. Women are just amazing, aren't they?!! :D

Oh, and there's pics of me on my Bebo page (the link on my posts), you can have a nice glass of wine for me when I'm down in Dublin then!! Ta! :wink:

French knickers??????
Any ideas for new songs? Ideas on a postcard.
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

garf11 wrote:
ultimate ulster chick wrote:Oh, and there's pics of me on my Bebo page (the link on my posts), you can have a nice glass of wine for me when I'm down in Dublin then!! Ta! :wink:

French knickers??????
No, you need to apply directly for those pics... :wink: :lol:
Donny B
Novice

Post by Donny B »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:
Oh, and there's pics of me on my Bebo page (the link on my posts), you can have a nice glass of wine for me when I'm down in Dublin then!! Ta! :wink:
Consider it done, Ulster Chick.

A nice, chilled glass of finest Chardonnay will await you on your next visit to Dublin.

And and good luck on your audition for the Weakest Link.
I'm sure you'd kick Anne Robinson's scrawny Brennan! :lol:
Show me the way to Ravenhill!
Slipper
Novice

Post by Slipper »

ultimate ulster chick wrote:If it were me, coming down the M1,

1. Turn off at Stockman's Lane/Kings Hall junction (the one before the end of the motorway)

2. Go up Stockman's Lane, under the bridge and straight ahead onto Balmoral Avenue.

3. Travel to the lights at the end of Balmoral (it's about a mile long) and turn right onto the Upper Malone Road.

4. Stay in the left hand lane and follow this road up to the House of Sport/Upper Malone Road roundabout (if you're in this lane, the road flows through, ie you don't stop at the roundabout)

5. Take the first left (as the lane dictates) turn off down past Shaw's Bridge

6. Follow this road right round, and just after it gets built up again (round Bevoir) you go past two sets of lights (one pedestrian, one at a junction out of the estate) and then there is a filter lane to the left. This is the dual carriageway, take it

7. Take the dual carriageway and follow it straight - there is a major junction at the Forestside shopping centre but keep on the road (the shopping centre will be along your left)

8. After the Shopping Centre, travel another mile or so, and the next major junction is at the Cregagh Road, turn left at these lights down the Cregagh Road

9. About a mile along the Cregagh Road, there is the Ladas Road roundabout. Now you're really near Ravenhill, but I don't know what the traffic will be like. If you're early enough, you can try and park in the Cregagh Estate to the left (although if you're in a Southern reg car, maybe not! Though I could be wrong!)

10. If it was me, go straight across the roundabout (not literally!) and take a first left. This road is the road Ravers is on, so park anywhere you can see a space, watching out for traffic cones.

Hope those instructions are clear. The distances may be a little dodgy (I know Balmoral is a mile, but the others might not be!!) but the general feeling of those is right!
Ladies & Gentlemen (I use that term loosely! :wink: )

I am doing the driving thing on Friday and can easily get myself to the large junction at the Kings Hall (under the bridge?); does that mean I am joining in on the instructions above at point 3?

I will be early enough - have to leave time for a burger, chips, sausage, batterburger, cod, onion rings, garlic mushrooms, can of coke and a desert - will it be OK to park close in a local estate?

Many thanks in advance and if "Ultimate Ulster Chick" makes herself known, I will organise a chardonnay for her instructions.

Muchos Gracias.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

yes, that's it.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Yep, if you are coming under the bridge go straight on and follow Chick’s directions.
I’m afraid she lives in London now, but I’ll drink the wine for her and send her a PM to tell her how good it was .
PWR Moore prefers a pint
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Slipper
Novice

Post by Slipper »

Top stuff lads, thanks for the help, I am a tall slim gent, just come and ask for pints.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The bridge you mention is the bridge in 2 of chicks instructions.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

The bridge you mention is the bridge in 2 of chicks instructions.
But chick does not mention the same bridge in 2 of her instructions. :wink:

PS She could also have mentioned Bells Bridge in and around 9 of her instructions.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Slipper wrote: will it be OK to park close in a local estate?
Not a problem as long as you don't block anyones access or where the dreaded PSNI cones are, locals are friendly, it's not the Northside :wink:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

well we almost always park in Alexander Road near the Ladas Drive junction, usually opposite the Police Station which does give yer car added security and i wud have thought maybe advisable if a southern registration. That said i've never seen a southern reg. car with a broken window in Belfast. Seen plenty in Dublin tho!
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Slipper
Novice

Post by Slipper »

Aren't you all just very kind to me.
Ta.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

1,000 Leinster supporters my a*se. :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.