Say 'well done' to the BBC

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

aarons
Lord Chancellor

Say 'well done' to the BBC

Post by aarons »

Now, we all know the BBC aren't great at standing up for the Ulstermen. But Radio Ulster are doing commentary on all the Celtic League games this season, and I think that is a major move forward.

The BBC Sport website have been webcasting all the Ulster commentaries (although they're not always easy to find), which is a major boon for everyone (not least ex-pats like myself).

To increase the odds of them continuing to do so, I think that we should all go to this page, and pass on our thanks. It won't take long, and these messages do get seen by the right people.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Will do Aaron ...

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Say 'well done' to the BBC

Post by Rooster »

aarons wrote: The BBC Sport website have been webcasting all the Ulster commentaries (although they're not always easy to find), which is a major boon for everyone (not least ex-pats like myself).
Aaron I have used that page twice to complain about difficulty finding the link for the broadcasts and have yet to get a reply of where they hide them each week :evil:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

That's an equally good thing to do. Perhaps a mix of the carrot and stick will help things settle down.

In my experience, it can be found on the BBC's Rugby Union page, or on the broadcasts page of the Celtic League website.
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

Have to say Radio Ulster are saviours for us "non-satellite" types, keep up the good work I say!
Mine's a pint!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yes well done the BBC who promised that a camera crew would be at Madisons to see the presentation of the Player of the Year Award to Matt McCullough. It didn't turn up !!

At the same time they think it would be a good idea for the BBC to follow Ulster supporters to Biarritz to watch the program of events arranged between both sets of supporters.

What the betting that a trip to the South of France has more appeal that the 1/2 thru the city centre last night. It will of course be at the expense of the bill payers.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Fair points all, but different bits of the Beeb. Just trying to make sure this webstreaming business doesn't stop/get forgotten about.