TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by kingofthehill »

drumquinandy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:04 pm Have we only 2 NIQ players now? Ewers and Kitshoff? Arent we allowed another one?
The current system doesn’t work like that anymore. In my opinion, each province should have only one foreign player. There are numerous talented youngsters who could benefit from moving between provinces, rather than investing in a high-profile non-Irish qualified player for a short stint.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Some chat/rumours on the official Facebook page of AOC leaving in the Summer despite being under contract for next season.

Fake news??
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Likely bakebook BS. He wouldn't leave unless offered something better. I'm not sure that is likely.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

See Jasper Wiese moving on from Tigers, and Jason Jenkins moving on from Leinster with RG Snyman reportedly coming in. However unlikely either of those would be a perfect signing for this current pack imho
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

DodgyEverything wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:11 pm See Jasper Wiese moving on from Tigers, and Jason Jenkins moving on from Leinster with RG Snyman reportedly coming in. However unlikely either of those would be a perfect signing for this current pack imho
A quick search on X / Twitter points to Wiese joining the growing number of South Africans in Japan.
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:37 pm
DodgyEverything wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:11 pm See Jasper Wiese moving on from Tigers, and Jason Jenkins moving on from Leinster with RG Snyman reportedly coming in. However unlikely either of those would be a perfect signing for this current pack imho
A quick search on X / Twitter points to Wiese joining the growing number of South Africans in Japan.
Yeah, have no doubt Jenkins will do something similar but would be the ideal profile
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

DodgyEverything wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:43 pm
Neill_M wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:37 pm
Yeah, have no doubt Jenkins will do something similar but would be the ideal profile
An alternative report links Wiese with Stade Francais, Jenkins would be a useful pick up for Ulster IF it was allowed and they could afford it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Big, heavy second row, which we’re lacking, or a better big, heavy number 8 which we’re also lacking.

It’s not an easy decision so best stick with what we have!
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:19 pm Big, heavy second row, which we’re lacking, or a better big, heavy number 8 which we’re also lacking.

Jenkins was poor at Munster and very average at Leinster. Is this the standard of player we should be targeting ?
We've had too many cast-offs.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jetstream wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:39 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:19 pm Big, heavy second row, which we’re lacking, or a better big, heavy number 8 which we’re also lacking.

Jenkins was poor at Munster and very average at Leinster. Is this the standard of player we should be targeting ?
We've had too many cast-offs.
He wouldn’t be my choice.
Ravenhillman
Novice

Post by Ravenhillman »

I’ve just seen Scott Penny and Max Deegan in the crowd watching Leinster v Sale.
Then I think of our starting back row for tonight. 😢
In rugby the score isn’t important....it’s the taking apart
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ravenhillman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:28 pm I’ve just seen Scott Penny and Max Deegan in the crowd watching Leinster v Sale.
Then I think of our starting back row for tonight. 😢
This comment didn't age very well
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Ravenhillman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:28 pm I’ve just seen Scott Penny and Max Deegan in the crowd watching Leinster v Sale.
Then I think of our starting back row for tonight. Image
This comment didn't age very well
The comment is 16 hours old. It was written 16 hours ago. Seems ok to me. Let's see how it goes.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Ravenhillman
Novice

Post by Ravenhillman »

Delighted to be proved wrong last night. Didn’t expect Matty to have what was one of his best games in an Ulster shirt. Hope he keeps it up😀
In rugby the score isn’t important....it’s the taking apart
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ravenhillman wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:27 pm Delighted to be proved wrong last night. Didn’t expect Matty to have what was one of his best games in an Ulster shirt. Hope he keeps it up😀
We all thought it!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18