What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Dave »

Keep fighting, Rum!!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

new page so I'll repeat the message

IF your over 45 and not had your of checked for 3 years --- Think about it ---and do it .ee less

Either you rest easy or you are less likely to die of prostate cancer --win win !!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

It is a farce to see scenarios like this.

"JACK DEMPSEY says he will make an announcement within the next three to four weeks about whether he is going to make himself available for Scotland selection leading into next year’s World Cup or stick to trying to rekindle his international career with Australia.

The 28-year-old back-rower was born and raised in Sydney, Australia, and has played in 14 full international matches for the Wallabies. However, a recent change in World Rugby’s international eligibility rules mean that a capped player can now switch allegiance to another country to which he/she has “a close and credible link via birthright”, so long as they undertake a three-year cooling off period. Dempsey has a Scottish grandfather and he has not played for Australia since their World Cup pool match victory over Georgia on 11th October 2019, meaning that he will become eligible to wear the thistle late next month should be choose to go that route.

This is not what the change of regulation was introduced to do. It was supposed to help redress an imbalance which sees poorer rugby nations continually lose playing talent to ‘super-hoover’ tier one sides. However, Scotland isn’t the only country prepared to take the view that the letter of the law trumps the spirit of the law when it comes to building as competitive a national team as possible, and head coach Gregor Townsend will not think twice about turning to Dempsey as he looks ahead at a killer 2023 World Cup pool which features world champions, South Africa, and World Rugby’s current number one ranked team, Ireland."
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Backline bar. Despite a relatively small crowd last night the waiting times were ridiculous. It's all well and good having people pouring pints but if no-one is lifting money the queue doesn't move.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:17 am It is a farce to see scenarios like this.

"JACK DEMPSEY says he will make an announcement within the next three to four weeks about whether he is going to make himself available for Scotland selection leading into next year’s World Cup or stick to trying to rekindle his international career with Australia.

The 28-year-old back-rower was born and raised in Sydney, Australia, and has played in 14 full international matches for the Wallabies. However, a recent change in World Rugby’s international eligibility rules mean that a capped player can now switch allegiance to another country to which he/she has “a close and credible link via birthright”, so long as they undertake a three-year cooling off period. Dempsey has a Scottish grandfather and he has not played for Australia since their World Cup pool match victory over Georgia on 11th October 2019, meaning that he will become eligible to wear the thistle late next month should be choose to go that route.

This is not what the change of regulation was introduced to do. It was supposed to help redress an imbalance which sees poorer rugby nations continually lose playing talent to ‘super-hoover’ tier one sides. However, Scotland isn’t the only country prepared to take the view that the letter of the law trumps the spirit of the law when it comes to building as competitive a national team as possible, and head coach Gregor Townsend will not think twice about turning to Dempsey as he looks ahead at a killer 2023 World Cup pool which features world champions, South Africa, and World Rugby’s current number one ranked team, Ireland."
Of course, if things go the way they've been going, Scotland won't remain a tier 1 nation for too much longer!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:08 am Backline bar. Despite a relatively small crowd last night the waiting times were ridiculous. It's all well and good having people pouring pints but if no-one is lifting money the queue doesn't move.

It’s pathetic. Think it’s the worst bar I’ve ever seen at a professional sporting event and I’ve been to a lot.

I send the wife so I don’t miss the action.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:10 am
jean valjean wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:08 am Backline bar. Despite a relatively small crowd last night the waiting times were ridiculous. It's all well and good having people pouring pints but if no-one is lifting money the queue doesn't move.

It’s pathetic. Think it’s the worst bar I’ve ever seen at a professional sporting event and I’ve been to a lot.

I send the wife so I don’t miss the action.
There is one bar queue at Ravenhill that is always much shorter than the rest. I always join it and can't figure out why no-one else does :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 am There is one bar queue at Ravenhill that is always much shorter than the rest. I always join it and can't figure out why no-one else does :scratch:
and that annoys you? :scratch:

Do try to stay on topic, good man. I find it very annoying when others stray off topic.

Not when I do it of course .... :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

"I send the wife so I don't miss the action"

But

You miss the wife in action
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Isn't even halloween yet but I can't fail to notice the shops are displaying christmas stuff and the christmas ads are starting to appear on the tele. There should be a law banning this crap before December.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:26 am Isn't even halloween yet but I can't fail to notice the shops are displaying christmas stuff and the christmas ads are starting to appear on the tele. There should be a law banning this crap before December.
Fully agree, except for mince pies, which should be on sale from the Twelfth onwards.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:26 am Isn't even halloween yet but I can't fail to notice the shops are displaying christmas stuff and the christmas ads are starting to appear on the tele. There should be a law banning this crap before December.
Fully agree, except for mince pies, which should be on sale from the Twelfth onwards.
Amen, brother. Mince pies are delicious.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:35 pm
solidarity wrote:
Sometimes the optic nerve can be a bit tough.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BR wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:48 pm
Dave wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:35 pm
solidarity wrote:
Sometimes the optic nerve can be a bit tough.
Optic nerve? Nope, not getting it. Help me out.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

:shock:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk