Site down

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Site down

Post by fermain »

Apologies for yesterday folks. At some point between me goin' to bed, and checking next day after training, the site had gone down.... sour grapes and a vicious retaliation by Munster???? or just a few crushed turnips stuck in the workks?? Who knows!

Back to fully working order now. Sorry for the inconvenience just after only the biggest, most beautiful feckin' away win in the world - ever! :D
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Re: Site down

Post by aarons »

my technical diagnosis is... too much gloating :lol:

thanks for all your hard work fermain, as ever :thumleft:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Was fun reading some of the stuff down on turnipfans yesterday, some of them ready to jump from the top of the new stand :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Instead of taking in the fun on Munsterfans, I relieved my boredom by creating a minute minder. :oops:

Basically paste the 1-22 for each team as prep. input and from then on (during a game) the only input required is selection from pre-programmed drop-downs and numbers. Can be used for any game and includes aspects not included by those we normally see on the internet.

Hey presto this is the output sheet with the Munster game used as test data. :wink:
minuteminder.JPG
minuteminder.JPG (93.1 KiB) Viewed 877 times
Thanks Fermain.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables you genius, is your table more accurate than the UR/Magners tables which usually vary in time from the TV match time, annoys my mammaries when I go to do the match videos at times.
A few fancy graphics and you could take on their wee timeline banner and a bit of wizardry and the videos could activate from it :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

As I was only listening on the radio the times had to be determined from the internet on this occasion. Were I doing it while watching the game on TV, they would be screen times. I need to do it sometime in real time to prove that it is fit for purpose.

This is the appearance of the real-time input screen. ('for' is automatic based on selection made. 'for for the away team is converted to 'by' on the output screen.)

Would love to see the input method(s) for those who provide it currently. Only then can ones own work be judged. :wink:

Blasted edit did not work as I had wished. :roll:
Attachments
timeline input screen.JPG
timeline input screen.JPG (36.68 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Last edited by cables on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

superb cables.
back to your best :stir:
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

You're welcome cables.
Now who's gonna do it for each game, since you will be at all the home ones????
I can easily use this little piece of wizardry on the match report page, and add any additional graphics if needed (not that you can't do that bit as well (I know you're really a closet guru in most techno-things :D )
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Beta version 1 has been rested for this weekend.

Beta version 2 (not really a revised Beta version 1) is in training for the weekend. The game-time input has been changed considerably to suit perceived end user input preferences and needs. :wink:

I hope to run a live test for the game on Friday but will be reliant on the 1341MW transmission for timings.

It would be appreciated if no members replied to the 'Minuteminder' thread until the Full Time whistle has gone. After that - whatever.

Edits in a post above were tests to see how the site handled edits of attachments.