Schools Cup 2009

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Schools Cup 2009

Post by fuzzylogic »

It was due to be played at 12PM today but havnt heard anything yet!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Ballyclare High School eased past Bangor Grammar 29-0 in Tuesday's re-arranged Northern Bank Schools Cup fourth-round match.

Campbell College's match, scheduled for Wednesday, has now been refixed for Saturday morning.

The Portora-Larne Grammar game will go ahead on Wednesday at 1200 GMT - weather permitting.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Pitch at Cranmore/Osborne looks great for tomorrow's Inst vs Banbridge game. Ground staff out again today cutting the grass. Looks like a nice fast pitch with plenty of zip!

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, Institution :cheers:
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

I hope inst win just so MCB can destroy them again like earlier in the season.

:cheers:
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Hard to keep count but Inst 40+, Banbridge 3. Close enough for the first 15 minutes when Banbridge played really well, but lots of trys in the last quarter.
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

pwrmoore wrote:Is/was the Portora v Larne game on today? Anyone know a score/result?
3:3 replay saturday
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Oh Gerry wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:Is/was the Portora v Larne game on today? Anyone know a score/result?
3:3 replay saturday
Have to admit feeling that that result doesn't suit our lads Gerry as no doubt the replay will be in Larne.....
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

The BBC's reporting is accurate as ever.
Portora beat Larne in cup replay

Portora Royal School drew 3-3 with Larne Grammar in Wednesday's rearranged Northern Bank Schools Cup fourth round match.

The teams will now meet for a replay, with Saturday 14 February at 1200 GMT the agreed date for the game.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

fuzzylogic wrote:The BBC's reporting is accurate as ever.

Portora Royal School drew 3-3 with Larne Grammar in Wednesday's rearranged Northern Bank Schools Cup fourth round match.

The teams will now meet for a replay, with Saturday 14 February at 1200 GMT the agreed date for the game.
The headline isn't wrong, it's just a few days early :stir: :cheers:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

I dont think so. . . I thought you may have edged it today but I really dont see you winning it in Larne, just been speaking to one of the guys and from what I hear it was a terrible match today and the conditions and pitch were awful! Larne pictch has never been bad in the 7years I went there, grounds saff eep it in excelent nick and always make for fast open rugby, which is how LArne play this year!
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Quarter final draw

Campbell College/Ballymena v Methody

RBAI v Wallace HS

Regent House v Portora/Larne

Cambridge House/BRA v Ballyclare HS
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

fuzzylogic wrote:I dont think so. . . I thought you may have edged it today but I really dont see you winning it in Larne, just been speaking to one of the guys and from what I hear it was a terrible match today and the conditions and pitch were awful! Larne pictch has never been bad in the 7years I went there, grounds saff eep it in excelent nick and always make for fast open rugby, which is how LArne play this year!
I remember playing on it two years ago and it certainly wasn't in great nick that day

And even if Larne do get through, which I think they will, they won't beat Regent
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

fuzzylogic wrote:I dont think so. . . I thought you may have edged it today but I really dont see you winning it in Larne, just been speaking to one of the guys and from what I hear it was a terrible match today and the conditions and pitch were awful! Larne pictch has never been bad in the 7years I went there, grounds saff eep it in excelent nick and always make for fast open rugby, which is how LArne play this year!
I spent my time at the grammar and the pitch was always long grass which suited the forward game. It has been in a bad way quite a few times.

I'm going to head to the game on Saturday I think, schools cup followed by six nations

Mary had a little lamb.... :cheers:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Windeos on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:00 am

I spent my time at the grammar and the pitch was always long grass which suited the forward game. It has been in a bad way quite a few times.
All depends on who your coach was, on the 4years I used the pitch it was always kept very short and was a very playable pitch!
by DHK on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 am

And even if Larne do get through, which I think they will, they won't beat Regent
Wouldnt be too sure about that, they played very early on in the season at Regent and I think the final score was something like 7-0 or 10-3 so it should be a very close game!

Check out the pic's of Bangor Ballyclare from Tuesday, the pitch looks in perfect order considering the weather the counties been having!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

pwrmoore wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:The BBC's reporting is accurate as ever.

The headline isn't wrong, it's just a few days early :stir: :cheers:
Oh yes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: