Lions v Manawatu

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Lions v Manawatu

Post by barney »

Murphy; Robinson, Smith, D'Arcy, S Williams; Hodgson, Cusiter; Sheridan, Bulloch (capt), Hayes, Shaw, O'Callaghan, Corry, M Williams, Owen.

Replacements: Titterell, Stevens, Cockbain, Back, Cooper, O'Gara, Cueto.
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

Clive's boy been demoted then but there again, Woodentop has said "There are some involved on Tuesday who will also be involved in the Test". There again, he said that the test side would be picked on form,lies lies &a few more thrown in for good measure.....
i love munching Leeks....Image
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

certainly cyril we've long known to treat the rubbish expressed by SCW as the bs it undoubtedly is.

Several players (S Jones, Jenkins, Kay, Peel, Henson) weren't considered in addition to BO'D, Shanklin, Hill due to minor injuries. I think a number of players are playing for a slot in the second Test - Murphy/Williams (surely Robinson will be dropped) ; D'Arcy/Smith/Horgan in the centre ; Bulloch?? (I think he'll go with Thompson); DO'C/Shaw to partner PO'C; Cusiter - the form SH of the tour IMO.

Given players not selected it seems back row could be all change with Easterby, Williams/Moody, R Jones. I would go with Cusiter and Hodgson at half back, but I doubt SCW will be that bold.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Yeh there is players involved here who will be involved on Saturday, wouldn't read too much into this team. I knew Corry would be dropped when Thomas was given captaincy.
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

noticed Back on the bench and no Easterby, so it may well be a backrow of Moody, Easterby and Jones.

If that is the test back row, he has some serious answers to make on the make up of his original squad, given the fact that two of those players weren't even originally on the plane!

His continued snubbing of Martin Williams is somewhat bizarre!

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

This Lions squad being the bigggest and best ever is rapidly turning into a complete farce and possibly the worst Lions team to head overseas :twisted:
The old saying "too many cooks" is coming true :roll:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Can't argue with the "biggest" title Rooster :lol: :lol: but "the best" is certainly open to question :shock: :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Could still be the best squad, but with the worst management :shock: :roll:
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Jason White called up for 3 games, will he walk into the Test team? Why else bring him out? 51 st Lion used this tour its a joke and IMO is ruining the tradition.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

completely agree cjp - farcical

God knows what the Lions name will be worth when SCW is finished with this circus.

SA 2009 - will it happen???
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It's a good job SCW has already announced his retirement from rugby :shock: after this he would be lucky to manage Armoy thirds :lol:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I would not say that up in the Glens if I were you Rooster ....... doubt if they would have it. Mate of mine played there, big shuggy. We did a sort of orienteering thingy there at uni over a weekend. Just past every check point big shuggy would be waiting in his car to give the boys a lift. We even got to see the cup final in his girlfriends house with egg banjos. That was the year Norman Whiteside beat Arsenal on his own. They never caught on to us but we had to walk the last 10 miles as big shuggy had to go to chapel. So we thought we would be smart and tried to thumb a lift on the last bit, only to be given ride by one of the organisers. Not a happy chappy but we were beyond caring thanks to some of mummy shuggy's homebrew.

Colin :twisted:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I know some of the lads up there Colin and I can assure you they would fry SCW for breakfast :shock:
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Bit of a walkover and probably not very illuminating as regards Test selection.
Perhaps the withdrawal of Cusiter, O'Callaghan, M Williams and Bulloch (although injured) at halftime might suggest that those have at least a chance of the bench if not starting.
Robinson withdrawn early in 2nd half rather than S Williams, who did most to impress from the back three.
Hodgson's general game was sound, although his goal-kicking will have cost him any chance of elevation.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

I hope a few of those guys play on Saturday I would certainly play both second rows, thought they were superb, Shaw's 40 m break was good to see.