Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Andrew Trimble

Post by cjp »

super score here below:

http://www.irbu21.com/NEWS/050623+ml+video+day+4.htm

He must have a very high try's per game ratio. While Ferris must have an even higher one, 3rd top try scorer at the tournament. While how can Steeno be dubbed not good enough for Ulster when he has captained the national Under 21's and has been top scorer at the RWC 2 years in a row.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

cjp - still go back to last AGM when coaching staff made it quite clear that Wallace was to replace Hump when he retired. My only concern with that is if Hump goes at the end of this year how one can be so certain that a particular player will be the replacement then. Particularly when they appear relucant to give him and extended run in the side.

If true he probably needs to start in the two friendlies and continue with the first couple of CL matches to see where it goes. Placing him on the bench and playing him the odd hal-game at full-back will not give him the confidence that he needs.

Have heard from a couple of sources whom I would call reliable that suggest that McCall doesn't think Steenson is good enough. There is of course only one way to find out and that involves getting him to step up now and not in five years time when he has got more experience of the AIL.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Trouble is will Wallace be around as he wants to move. I would like to see a bit of young Trimble next season.

Colin :twisted:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There is a lot of debate about wether Steenson is good enough, one thing that is forgotten is does the young lad want to move into full time rugby :?:
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

I hope Wallace moves on to another team.