Tappy Talky ... again

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tappy Talky ... again

Post by fermain »

Have you deleted all previous versions, and memory/cache, then reinstalled?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

fermain wrote:Have you deleted all previous versions, and memory/cache, then reinstalled?
I did an uninstall and then installed latest version. Didn't see any previous versions lurking; but to be honest, I wouldn't know where to look. Now if it were assembler source code ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

... you still wouldn't know! :duck:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Tapatalk users, I see a recent upgrade has a new set of T&C's which seem awfully intrusive in terms of what it can access from your user profile (basically a sh1tload of data that I don't feel they need to have access to just because I use the service to post on a rugby Forum).

Anyone know if this is a big change from the previous T&C's or if this is normal practice across most apps?

Seriously considering binning it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Woman wrote:Tapatalk users, I see a recent upgrade has a new set of T&C's which seem awfully intrusive in terms of what it can access from your user profile (basically a sh1tload of data that I don't feel they need to have access to just because I use the service to post on a rugby Forum).

Anyone know if this is a big change from the previous T&C's or if this is normal practice across most apps?

I had to create an account

Shower of twunts
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Russ wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Tapatalk users, I see a recent upgrade has a new set of T&C's which seem awfully intrusive in terms of what it can access from your user profile (basically a sh1tload of data that I don't feel they need to have access to just because I use the service to post on a rugby Forum).

Shower of twunts
Yep, I'm being forced to accept the new T&C's on my tablet if I wish to continue using it and I'm sure it's only a matter time until I'm forced to on my phone.

I don't understand why these guys need to have access to my photographs, Facebook, Twitter, Google, e-mail account and my contacts and data from across all of these. It's going too far.

I'm going to screen shot the T&C's later and see if I can upload for some views on it. Nosy feckers!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:
Russ wrote:

Shower of twunts
Yep, I'm being forced to accept the new T&C's on my tablet if I wish to continue using it and I'm sure it's only a matter time until I'm forced to on my phone.

I don't understand why these guys need to have access to my photographs, Facebook, Twitter, Google, e-mail account and my contacts and data from across all of these. It's going too far.

I'm going to screen shot the T&C's later and see if I can upload for some views on it. Nosy feckers!!
It has stopped working completely for me even when I did that, the photo permission is so you can upload photos, don't know why the rest though :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

It annoyingly sends me a notification every once in a while that looks like I have had someone quote me

It's actually a list of the topics being discussed
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I abominate Tappyfuckingtalky. I wonder in 2000 years will some well intentioned worshippers burn tappyfriggingtalk saying "Baggy, blessed be his name, abominates you, die evil Tappytalk."

What??? It could happen. Yeah really ........... it's been done before.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think it's while handy
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:I think it's while handy
So brilliant that your device will tell you I have quoted you
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

To the questions:

What do they do with all that data? They don't know yet.

Why do they collect it? Because it is valuable. They are a business. You get the app for free and they sell on the data they have mined from you. That'their business model.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:To the questions:

Why do they collect it? Because it is valuable. They are a business. You get the app for free and they sell on the data they have mined from you. That'their business model.
Boom

In a nutshell
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:I think it's while handy
So brilliant that your device will tell you I have quoted you
Buzz buzz whistle...
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:To the questions:

Boom

In a nutshell
Exactly. You get something, they get something, win win.