Moderators?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Squire

Moderators?

Post by Columbo »

Is this forum moderated? I ask because when I signed up a couple of weeks ago, I had to agree to the following:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us.
Now since I have posted here, I have seen a few posts I agree with, a few I disagree with, but with one exception the discourse has been civilised and enjoyable. The exception of course is BaggyTrousers, who appears to be this messageboard's self-appointed bully-boy - within a couple of posts, having quickly run out of actual arguments, he resorted to clogging up a thread with insults accompanied by image files. See here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17550&start=225

Since then this fount of wit and repartee has hounded me, in a slightly weird and obsessive fashion, from thread to thread, calling me among other things as a ' sleazy little smartarsed git', 'idiot' and most recently (here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17582&start=165) doing his usual and resorting to 'amusing' jpegs when he runs out of arguments, including one exhorting me to shoot myself.. :roll:

Now I'm big enough and ugly enough to look after myself, and I've met many bar-stool hardmen in my time, so I'm happy to ignore this particular specimen - but I'm assuming that I'm not the only new poster to have run into his puerile attempts to bully, and all in contravention of the agreement that we all signed into when we joined the forum. A forum is only as good as the breadth and quality of its posters, and it's obvious that this kind of boorish behaviour will put people off over time (in fact I imagine it has put a lot of people off in the past). And apart from anything, there is nothing worse on any messageboard than continuous efforts by a small number of posters to drag threads off topic with attempts to be funny, or spamming threads with images.

In the interests of fairness, I am happy to self-report in this respect - just as if I was sitting in a bar, and some gobshite leaned over and insulted me, while I know that the most sensible option is to ignore him, in practice I never can, and inevitably ask him 'WTF did you just say?' - I confess to having just called him a 'childish f#@kwit' :D Although I think this is a fair and legitimate description, I am happy to accept whatever the moderators (if they exist) care to suggest!

I'm not telling anyone how to do their jobs, and there's nothing worse than an obsessively over-moderated board - but by the same token a completely unmoderated board will inevitably attract at least someone who will take advantage.
..one more thing
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Moderators?

Post by BR »

Oh yes there are moderators and you can report any post with the wee ! above it.
The good folk of UAFC will then review it, but Baggy is pretty much above the law.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

BR wrote:...Baggy is pretty much above the law.
True that.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Even I get the occasional bit of abuse mate but it usually makes me smile. I also try not to type anything in response that I wouldn't want me mom to read.
Do you have any opinions on Cheerleaders?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Roll away 5
Novice

Post by Roll away 5 »

Baggy. ATH has changed his name again! :stir:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Roll away 5 wrote:Baggy. ATH has changed his name again! :stir:
Looks it, using same lingo, Columbo, suck a lollypop, who loves ya baby
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

"drag threads off topic with attempts to be funny, or spamming threads with images."

That is the best bit about the forum at times.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/3XVJB/but-th ... y-business

This on TV?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

OneMore wrote:
True that.
Baggy has been banned more times than any man living or dead with the possible exception of backawaygoonahead who ever that ejit was..........
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Twunt?
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Snipe Watson wrote:
OneMore wrote:
True that.
Baggy has been banned more times than any man living or dead with the possible exception of backawaygoonahead who ever that ejit was..........
It's not about total amount of time in the cooler. Surely. The question is does he get as much time in there as he should, relative to his misdemeanours?

I don't think so.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Man up Columbo!
We`ve all had our spats on here but when it comes to it its just internet pantomime.
Bagster hasnt replied yet so maybe he has been banned again?!
Way too quiet.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

As Baz says it is a pantomime at times on here. If someone is particularly upsetting you then why not block them?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

OneMore wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
OneMore wrote:
True that.
It's not about total amount of time in the cooler. Surely. The question is does he get as much time in there as he should, relative to his misdemeanours?

I don't think so.
obviously not or he'd have served more time than Charles Salvador or Charlie Bronson or whatever he's called this week.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Potential big fight on a Friday night and cornerfleg is missing it >crazy1
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

OneMore wrote:
True that.
He threatened to leave once. Didn't last long though.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999