Soundbars

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Soundbars

Post by mikerob »

rocky wrote:I have looked into this a bit further and am now wondering if a soundbase would be a better option. The Sony HT-TX1 looks good but I have no idea if it is a better option than the soundbar. Once again, thanks for your advice, everyone.
One type of product isn't inherently better than the other. The soundbase has a built in sub-woofer so there isn't an additional box and that may be a plus for some, but the bass may not be as good, and that may not be a plus for people who want to play the TV so loud that the bass will loosen your fillings...

The only way to tell is listen and compare. If you do go to a demo room in somewhere like Richer Sounds, one thing to be aware of is a trick where the salesperson turns up the volume slightly on more expensive equipment and the human mind usually thinks that the slightly higher volume sounds better, so if comparing equipment try to listen at a similar volume for both, although it can be difficult to match this.

Also demo rooms usually have lots of sound absorbent materials so equipment can sound good there, but less good at home if there are a lot of hard surfaces in the room, but this is an issue with any audio equipment.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I don't have the layout for a 5.1 setup. I've the Onkyo HTX-22HDX. Its great like piece of kit.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Thanks for your good advice, Damien. I bought a Sony as you suggested. It was dead easy to set up with my TV and sounds good. Cheers!
Bo***cks to Brexit
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Glad you got sorted.