Essential site maintenance

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

cardweg
Novice

Re: Essential site maintenance

Post by cardweg »

Well done Fermain
Look & feel of the site is just fine. It’s the functionality that’s important & that seems to be spot on.
Thank you for the unseen backroom toil that keeps the board operational.
👍👍👍

PS I got two emails
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I don't see any activity on the other threads. Are they up and running? Just tried a post on the Will Addison thread to see what happens.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Is the new site available on tappy talk? Showing up as network error when trying to connect.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm Is the new site available on tappy talk? Showing up as network error when trying to connect.
not yet, but hopefully soon.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Well done fermain a lot of work to get site upgraded and much appreciated.
I got two emails,they went into my spam box (my pc doesn't appreciate sensible emails some of the emails it lets through is diabolical)
Thanks again for all your hard work, good to hear from Baggy again to, Hope you are well Baggy!
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Thanks so much for all your work Fermain, can't imagine it was too much fun!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Added a few themes that can be chosen from your User Control Panel (UCP), Board Preferences, My board style >

The original blue style is Prosilver, the others are black/grey/red/white trad Ulster colours and entirely optional depending on your own preferences. I can change all of these as well, so if anyone thinks of amendments, I can always make adjustments. For example, some of the button text on mouse-over are blurred and need sharpening in one of the themes.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

fermain wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm
jean valjean wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm Is the new site available on tappy talk? Showing up as network error when trying to connect.
not yet, but hopefully soon.
Re: Tapatalk; After some user acceptance testing, we've found that the default responsive features are already integrated in the new forum software, and it's designed to work and look well in mobile browsers. So, unless there becomes a real need for it, I'm not going to re-enable Tapatalk on the forum at this time. Even the different styles seem to be picked up when you login and they also port across platforms so your visual experience remains unchanged.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

For your continued security using the website, we have added SSL to the website. Please update any bookmarks to the new url:

https://www.uafc.co.uk
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

In the risk of not a single post on any forum this day ,and after all Yermans hard work, I thought I would post this.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

fermain wrote:
Re: Tapatalk; After some user acceptance testing, we've found that the default responsive features are already integrated in the new forum software, and it's designed to work and look well in mobile browsers. So, unless there becomes a real need for it, I'm not going to re-enable Tapatalk on the forum at this time. Even the different styles seem to be picked up when you login and they also port across platforms so your visual experience remains unchanged.
Glad i decided to do a final check on here before posting to Bakebook asking why Uafc had disappeared.
I only ever view from my mobile, so found tapatalk handy.
If i use a mobile browser and bookmark it, is there a way to see the most recently updated threads, rather than having to go through each of the separate boards?
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

kUD wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:45 am
Glad i decided to do a final check on here before posting to Bakebook asking why Uafc had disappeared.
I only ever view from my mobile, so found tapatalk handy.
If i use a mobile browser and bookmark it, is there a way to see the most recently updated threads, rather than having to go through each of the separate boards?
You can always use the quick links at the top left menu, and select new posts. Or Unread posts. then bookmark it.
And depending on your settings, you should receive a notification that your post has been quoted on the top right menu.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

As part of our commitment to providing secure, high-performance products, we will be upgrading and rebooting our Managed VPS platforms next week to apply essential security updates.

This work is scheduled to take place on Saturday the 17th of August between 19:00 and 21:00.

Since we will be rebooting our servers, please expect outages to occur during this period.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Looks like yesterday's site maintenance has feck up the length of the text box.

Full editor function is unusable, including quote function.

But then it is the mantra of modern software development - 'Better done than right!'
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

No doubt the powers that be will have things sorted soon, unless, of course, it's all some sort of IRFU plot... further Brennan misdemeanour... fools on the hill mess up... Dublin/London/Brussels deal breaker...