Home page problem

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterManiac
Novice

Home page problem

Post by UlsterManiac »

Can I ask why the menu section in the middle of the home page now drops down to the very bottom of the page every time i log in to the home page? i have to scroll all the way to the bottom to access all the links...this has been happening for the last couple of weeks..
Thanks
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Home page problem

Post by Rooster »

UlsterManiac wrote:Can I ask why the menu section in the middle of the home page now drops down to the very bottom of the page every time i log in to the home page? i have to scroll all the way to the bottom to access all the links...this has been happening for the last couple of weeks..
Thanks
Interesting as Setanta also has that problem.
What browser and operating system are you using also what is your screen resolution ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Hmm, it should be okay in all browsers and resolutions from 1024x768 upwards.
I've tried it in IE, FF, Safari, and Opera.
Has anything changed recently on your computer settings? eg a new game installation or program?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fermain wrote:Hmm, it should be okay in all browsers and resolutions from 1024x768 upwards.
I've tried it in IE, FF, Safari, and Opera.
Has anything changed recently on your computer settings? eg a new game installation or program?
I tried it in 800x600 and it still works, bit of sideshifting required to read it though. :scratch:
Ctrl +F5 perhaps might sort it as it sounds like it may have started after some page changes about the same time :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Hi Rooster,

It works on my sons' computer and mine at work but not on my wife's neolithic machine at home - windows 2000 I believe!!

regards, Setanta
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:Hi Rooster,

It works on my sons' computer and mine at work but not on my wife's neolithic machine at home - windows 2000 I believe!!

regards, Setanta
:puker: that explains it, time to get a large hammer out and beat the crap out of wife's neolithic machine at home :shock:
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Saying that, Windows 2000 is an excellant operating system.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Saying that, Windows 2000 is an excellant operating system.
Agree Jackie, it just has a few issues shall we say and internet explorer problems are one of them, I have a laptop in the roofspace with it on it and it won't work with some websites, must dig ot out and check if that is the problem.
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Age is catching up with it now i suppose, but 'back in the day' it was miles ahead of Windows ME, 95 and 98.

NERD ALERT, I do apologise
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterManiac
Novice

Post by UlsterManiac »

Rooster wrote:
UlsterManiac wrote:Can I ask why the menu section in the middle of the home page now drops down to the very bottom of the page every time i log in to the home page? i have to scroll all the way to the bottom to access all the links...this has been happening for the last couple of weeks..
Thanks
Interesting as Setanta also has that problem.
What browser and operating system are you using also what is your screen resolution ?

Im on MS 2003 and use Internet Explorer, havent a clue about computers, all i know is that ive been accessing the homepage successfully for 3 years without this problem and now its gone weird like this. hasnt happened on any other websites ive been accessing...any help appreciated!!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like ?
What size screen resolution are you using and which browser, if you have 2 browsers does it happen in both ?
Rory Best
UlsterManiac
Novice

Post by UlsterManiac »

Rooster wrote:Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like ?
What size screen resolution are you using and which browser, if you have 2 browsers does it happen in both ?
The screen resolution is 1024 x 768...

Its my work PC, i use Internet Explorer.....

ive tried to upload a word doc with screen shots but it says 'The extension doc is not allowed'
basically the whole centre of the screen jumps down to below where the each of the advertising on the left and right ends so theres a big white gap in the middle....when you scroll down the middle is viewablw but the left and right bits are then white....
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

Sounds like an IE6 problem.
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I think it probably is - we still use IE6 at work and I have similar issues on the homepage
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

fecking IE6, I'll try and find a workaround
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!