"THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP"

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

Greenmoon
Novice

"THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP"

Post by Greenmoon »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/r ... 29352.html

Perhaps the Northern Hemisphere countries should just pack it all in and let the "best of the rest" at it!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: "THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP"

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And where did they learn that type of arrogance ? Look no further than THE Rugby Union and the many other tournaments branded in England such as THE Open and the comical noise of those who bridle when Yanks call it the British Open.

Beware of falling into such traps, Moon. In any event based in results over a brave few decades the SH have every right to assert their notion of superiority.

Should you wish to extract some cold comfort from the situation it will be a splendid event but without NH TV coverage money and sponsors they wouldn't have a pot to
pish in.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Greenmoon
Novice

Post by Greenmoon »

You are right, of course, but it still sticks in the craw. I will also be comforted by the fact that while they will have the Rugby Championship we have the Six Nations and the Heineken Cup (just one more sleep to go!). I know where I would rather be.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

The really galling part is the suggestion that they are delighted at the inclusion at last of the Pumas,when they denied them entry for years and still deny the Islanders..