Rugby Championship 2014

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

mea97mb
Squire

Rugby Championship 2014

Post by mea97mb »

SA 10 - 3 Arg at HT, ruan with the SA try. Horrendous conditions but I suppose ruan should be used to that.

Earlier NZ drew with Aus also in awful weather!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rugby Championship 2014

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Lovely try, good offload by Bismark who fed Ruan, exchange of passes with his winger & Ruan coasted home from 25 metres.

Currently 13-6 but a mess of a game in the conditions. SA look likethey are just trying to be as mistake free as possible & win it without risk. Argie scrum much better than in the last couple of seasons.

The other game not as affected & a decent contest despite no tries. Jaco Peyper became the first ref ever to ref the All Backs at the breakdown & yellow carded them twice.

Missed opportunity for Oz.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Argues should've drew that game. Du Plessis got screwed by Argie loosie, and that plank Lacey penalised Argies repeatedly even tho the SA front row were popping repeatedly. Good to see Lacey's equally as bad at this level. At least Ruan didn't get broken this week. watched in an Oirish bar in Barcalona, with no Ulster Jerseys on display- just Mexico and Turnips... W*nkers :scratch:
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ruan what the feck has happened your hair

Easterby Out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Ruan what the feck has happened your hair

Easterby Out
Expand please.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Easterby Out
Expand please.
He's bald

Easterby Out
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Easterby Out
Expand please.
He's bald

Easterby Out
He's injured too.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Easterby Out
Expand please.
He's bald

Easterby Out
He's injured too.
He went off injured. Doesn't mean he is badly injured. If he is so badly injured that he needs to take a month off, that's good news.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

FFS lads, tighten up, being bald is not an injury. According to an ould wife I met recently its a sign of a horngoat with unexplained resources in terms of testosterone & insatiable virility. In other words, the wise woman's choice. >EW

Don't worry about Ruan, he'll be reet.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

The Bok tempo increased after RP left the pitch (and the rest of the team buoyed by the subs upped their play).
Hats off to the Argies in addition to a dominant scrum Lots of great footwork and pace in attack.

Meyer has been unfortunate with injuries. 9 Fourie Du Preez, 10 Pat Lambie, 7 Williem Alberts & 4 Pieter-Steph Du Toit are all sorely missed.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Another clusterballix from a surrender monkey ref today, absolutely unbelievable, Argie charges down a kick strolls over for a try, and Gauzere calls it back presumably for a knock on.

Just ridiculous. The TMO not allowed to tell him he has just made a howler is ludicrous.

Is it just that ref's are intimidated when they have a NZ game? Nothing can go against the ABs?

Needs instant demotion. Oh yes & a special Pascal Gauzere pair of clownshoes. :duh:

Shoes for Pascal!!!!!
CS1.jpg
CS1.jpg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 5069 times
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Yeah that was a ridiculous call.

I would like to have seen a replay of the kick through on the all,blacks line at the end as well, it looked to me like the Argie player was full on blocked b 2 all,blacks.
Why? Why not?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ithryn wrote:Yeah that was a ridiculous call.

I would like to have seen a replay of the kick through on the all,blacks line at the end as well, it looked to me like the Argie player was full on blocked b 2 all,blacks.
Yeah a blatant penalty against any team but NFZ. :duh:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Argies should have had a man in the bin and a NZ try in the first minute.

George was having a good game until a minute ago when he pinged Vermeulen for a perfect tackle.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Argies should have had a man in the bin and a NZ try in the first minute. I missed the start, tak your word on that

George was having a good game until a minute ago when he pinged Vermeulen for a perfect tackle.
You watching a rerun Snipe? :shock: :shock: :shock: Taking lessons from Rum'n or what. :stir: