Greg Inglis moving to European Rugby?

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

lw7
Novice

Re: Greg Inglis moving to European Rugby?

Post by lw7 »

Off topic but got to watch a recorded Eels v Rabbits match tonight. One young player who literally stood out was John Folau young rookie brother of Israel. Among some notable carries he scored two excellent tries in only his second 1st grade match for the underdogs.
Much stockier build & more powerful than Israel @ 6ft 4 & 17 st 9, he is so quick for a kid with huge giant legs. Can step as well. Similar build to another fine player Julian Savea..
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kevin Sinfield (Canterburys poster boy for non rugby league) is moving to rugby
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Russ wrote:Kevin Sinfield (Canterburys poster boy for non rugby league) is moving to rugby
I don't watch Super League but good luck to the all round good guy. Will bring a lot of professionalism, leadership and big game experience to the under performing Championship Carnegie team. Didn't want to move to another Super league team or leave Leeds. Will know all the Union players with both codes cross training and sharing the same facilities & ground - Which is not the same as learning & playing Rah Rah at flyhalf! Aged 34, this is a sensible move (definitely would struggle with the speed of the Premiership). He'll probably end up a useful coach in either code.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:What foot does he kick with?
They all kick badly in league
Take a look at some of the footage on Adam Reynolds and how he has been 'perfecting' his high tornado bomb kick.
Andrew Johns did a brilliant slot on how Reynolds does it on Channel 9 before a recent Rabbits match. It may have been posted on the net, I'm not sure.
I don't know anyone in Union who kicks a very ball high using the inside laces of a boot like Reynolds.
He creates a skyscraper balloon rough spiral which bends in the air and is a nightmare for back three players.
David Beckman would be impressed.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

There's a lot of excitement about Latrell Mitchell in Sydney at the moment.
His build & running style is not unlike GI.
I first saw him play in the U18 Club Final 2 years ago for the Roosters against the Panthers. It ended up a 38 all draw.
Mitchell scored the try to send it into extra time then scored the golden point try to win it for the Roosters. The Panthers were the better team but they just couldn't handle Mitchell.
It's rumoured that he can run over 10.3 metres per second at full pelt in training and despite never doing much weights until now he can power clean over 110 kgs.
He'll make his debut in the NRL this incoming season.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Te Maire Martin debuted for the Panthers at the weekend. From the same high school as Benji Marshall, this kid is one ice cool hot prospect. A terrific touch player as a junior. Every time He touched the ball He looked classy and topped off his NRL performance with a try and winning field goal.
The Panthers made 23 tackle offloads during the evenly matched contest. Easier to execute in RL but nevertheless 23!
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

The Panthers have just opened their new Training & Development Academy facility this week in western Sydney as featured on the Footy Show. The brainchild of Gus Gould, costing more than 20 Million AUSD and for use by both senior & junior players, it sets a new benchmark for a pro sporting club in Oz. Wow.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

This is all incredibly interesting
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Russ wrote:Kevin Sinfield (Canterburys poster boy for non rugby league) is moving to rugby
He put on a great showing two weeks ago in a televised game against Bedford. Set up back plays with a sumptuous range of passes and some great line kicks. Used a subtle delayed pass (P Jackson take note) on one notable occasion to release a second runner.38 passes completed and MOTH award to boot.
Leeds No.8 Burrows is a fine player.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jockster wrote:This is all incredibly interesting
D'ya think?

No comment!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Will the young colt Nelson Asofa-Solomona extend his contract at the Storm or be tempted back to NZ Rugby?
The Storm have the best running pack in the NRL this year. McLean, Harris, Proctor & Jesse Bromwich (Best forward in League)are all big athletic men.
Solomona is still learning his craft.
I watched him make a great line break & offload at the end of last weeks Storm-Panthers game. He's got great footwork, awareness and surely a bright future in either code.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Who gives the slightest fu@k? I have no idea what this thread, which I assume is about RL, is for. I don't ever ask for a thread to be locked but by fu@k this shyte comes close.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Lw7 seems a very knowledgeable man in both codes and which puts him in a fairly unique category on here Bagster.

People are perfectly happy to waffle on about politics and religion on an Ulster RUGBY supporters forum why not rugby league?
I know I find it a darn sight more interesting than some other scintillating topics of conversation on here.

I'm off to see what's going down in big Mervyn birdwatching thread.
Catch you all.later.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

League is the devil
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Lw7 seems a very knowledgeable man in both codes and which puts him in a fairly unique category on here Bagster.

People are perfectly happy to waffle on about politics and religion on an Ulster RUGBY supporters forum why not rugby league?
I know I find it a darn sight more interesting than some other scintillating topics of conversation on here.

I'm off to see what's going down in big Mervyn birdwatching thread.
Catch you all.later.
Because it's rubbish dressed up as rugby. Would have thought that was obvious.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.