Schools Cup 2014

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Schools Cup 2014

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Fermain - either the site's been hacked and someone has taken over Snipe's account, or the guy has flipped! >crazy1

I won't mention DW as he strongly divides opinion (despite the fact that Methody hadn't won a thing in years until he took over), but shirley McGlock must come into some people's reckoning as a schools coach? He did pretty well with the girls at Inst, did he not? :duck:
Wells was not a great schools rugby coach. He was a very successful schools rugby coach, but the two are not the same.
Snipe Watson wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:Davy Wells is a great schools coach a.....
Hook line and sinker................. :lol:
You took my hook line and sinker Snipe - I knew someone would, just wasn't sure who. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Fermain - either the site's been hacked and someone has taken over Snipe's account, or the guy has flipped! >crazy1

I won't mention DW as he strongly divides opinion (despite the fact that Methody hadn't won a thing in years until he took over), but shirley McGlock must come into some people's reckoning as a schools coach? He did pretty well with the girls at Inst, did he not? :duck:
Wells was not a great schools rugby coach. He was a very successful schools rugby coach, but the two are not the same.
Snipe Watson wrote:
You took my hook line and sinker Snipe - I knew someone would, just wasn't sure who. :lol:
Don't think so Grumps. >bs
Or are you just sticking up for your wee Methody buddy?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

kingofthehill wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:When are the QFs?
2 weeks.

Medallion shield qf this week.
Thank you.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

caledoniancelt wrote:
ruckover wrote:3rd Round Results:
Rainey Endowed 5-6 Down HS
Methodist College 29-0 Limavady GS
Coleraine AI 41-0 Regent House
Belfast HS 13-20 Wallace HS
Ballyclare HS 10-9 Ballymena Academy
Dalriada School 7-14 RBAI
Campbell College 28-3 RS Armagh
Bangor GS 0-25 Sullivan Upper

Quarter-Final Draw:
RBAI v Methodist College
Coleraine AI v Ballyclare HS
Down HS v Sullivan Upper
Campbell College v Wallace HS
GO BALLYCLARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER 1973 :D
GO DOWN HIGH!

Remember .... err ... well nothing really. Don't think we've ever made it past the quarters :lol:

This year ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Snipe Watson wrote:
Don't think so Grumps. >bs
Or are you just sticking up for your wee Methody buddy?
Get real :roll:

Wouldn't know him from Adam and Methody's a big school that thousands have gone to over many years - we're not inbreds like you have down the country, and don't all think the one way! >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

So I took the bait on the DW comment......yawn.......some people need to get out more methinks! Anyways...back to the subject matter. Great game at Pirrie Park yesterday and Limavady can hold their heads very high as they were outstanding. The scoreline is not a fair reflection on the game as Limavady fought tooth and nail right to the last seconds. Conor Mckee scored a hatrick of tries off the back of great work from a very hard working pack with Michael Lagan being the standout player alongside the giant Alex Thompson who has been excellent all year. Getting through a tough game will stand MCB in good order for the RBAI game in two weeks time.
Great to see Coleraine making progress and I fancy them to take Ballyclare in the quarter final...
Runwild67
Novice

Post by Runwild67 »

My personal interest is over for another year (close game last week that could have gone either way) and MCB must be strong favourites for the cup again but who will be joining them in the final? A big 2 final would have been good but the quarter final draw put pay to that. From what I have seen and read this season Sullivan look like the best competition for MCB , dark horses for final must be Coleraine
vintage65
Novice

Post by vintage65 »

MCB favourites by far, I agree with you about Sullivan, they have a strong side this year and must have a good chance. The only thing that puts me off them is Anderson and "mini me" his side kick. Coleraine have been consistant this year and are a good outside bet. i'll take MCB, Coleraine, Sullivan and Campbell to make the semi's.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Heard today that Humph has said the semi finals won't be played at Ravenhill due to the current condition of the pitch, will be interesting to see where they can get to host a thousand people or so.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

MCB, Sullivan, Wallace, Coleraine my pick

MCB - Sullivan final would be great, Sullivan definite contenders, a lot of the team that went unbeaten the whole season & win the med shield are now upper sixth so must have a very good core of players

All pressure is on methody, would like inst to beat them but can't see it
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

RuPi wrote:Heard today that Humph has said the semi finals won't be played at Ravenhill due to the current condition of the pitch, will be interesting to see where they can get to host a thousand people or so.
Utter guff that 1000 peeps go to a semi final
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:
RuPi wrote:Heard today that Humph has said the semi finals won't be played at Ravenhill due to the current condition of the pitch, will be interesting to see where they can get to host a thousand people or so.

I was at the semis in 2006 and 2007 when Portora made it two years in a row and there were a decent crowd across the Prom and the old old-stand. I didn't count them but I'd be very surprised if there were't more than 1000 at each.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Russ wrote:
Have to disagree.

The semis are midweek games which generally means that the schools in the semi will mostly all go.

It is true,Ravenhill will not host the semi finals and it looks like Queens will.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

So the pitch IS buggered as we suspected. Someone should be telling us how the Feck they let that happen!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:So the pitch IS buggered as we suspected. Someone should be telling us how the Feck they let that happen!
I suspect we will have a Desso GrassMaster pitch before long.