direction

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

El Diablo
Novice

direction

Post by El Diablo »

Travelling up from Dubin tomorrow morning to watch Blackrock SCT against Campbell College. Never having visited Campbell before I am looking for a bit of advice. Now I know Ravers is carefully hidden away in a maze of housing estates deliberately to get us visiting Leinster fans horribly lost and confused (I am yet to make KO on time for a Leinster match!) but I am hoping my journey tomorrow morning will be a bit easier.
Google maps is sending me into the city centre (A12) but I am a bit worried about getting stuck in Saturday morning traffic (KO is 11.30). The only way I can see to avoid the city centre seems to be to turn off at Lisburn onto the Hillhall Rd (b23), Belvoir Rd, Knock Rd but there looks like there could be a few busy junctions (Ormeau & Newtownards Rd).
Any advice?
Cheers and best of luck tonight. As long as your props can stop practising their boxing skills you should be ok!
We like to MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: direction

Post by Rooster »

El Diablo wrote:Travelling up from Dubin tomorrow morning to watch Blackrock SCT against Campbell College. Never having visited Campbell before I am looking for a bit of advice. Now I know Ravers is carefully hidden away in a maze of housing estates deliberately to get us visiting Leinster fans horribly lost and confused (I am yet to make KO on time for a Leinster match!) but I am hoping my journey tomorrow morning will be a bit easier.
Google maps is sending me into the city centre (A12) but I am a bit worried about getting stuck in Saturday morning traffic (KO is 11.30). The only way I can see to avoid the city centre seems to be to turn off at Lisburn onto the Hillhall Rd (b23), Belvoir Rd, Knock Rd but there looks like there could be a few busy junctions (Ormeau & Newtownards Rd).
Any advice?
Cheers and best of luck tonight. As long as your props can stop practising their boxing skills you should be ok!
The Hillhall road route is the one I would take, you cross those junctions at right angles to the main traffic flow so no problem especially on a Saturday morning
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Brian Dunn 382
Novice

Post by Brian Dunn 382 »

I think your plan is correct. After you cross the Newtownards road, turn right at next roundabout and the gates of Campbell are immediately on the right.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

don't think you'll suffer too much with heavy traffic on that route on a saturday morning to be honest. If I were doing the journey I'd use the Hillhall road as you describe or else I'd follow the M1 to the end then follow the westlink to the M3 Bridge and out the Sydenham bypass. Enjoy the game!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oi El, any chance you could take Jihad with you on the way back down? We don't need an inferior 13 being picked by Josef Schmidt, you Mexicans need him more than we do.

Maybe then we could set about picking our best team. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
El Diablo
Novice

Post by El Diablo »

Thanks Guys, Fingers crossed.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Travelling up from Dubin tomorrow morning to watch Blackrock SCT against Campbell College
is it on TV
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'm with Mr Moore on this - on a sat morning, the M1-A12-M3-A2 (follow signs for City Airport) and then double back up the A55 should be nearly as quick and easier for someone who doesn't know the route. Multi-lane the whole way, so not as likely to get stuck behind some grumpy old farmer* as on the Hillhall Road.

*other types of famer exist, but that was last month.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'm with Moore and BR.

M1 straight onto West link, at end of westlink hang left onto M3 following road signs to Bangor. After city airport follow signs for A55 Newtownards. You'll double back on yourself at a crazy junction that used to be roundabout, you'll see a big Tesco on the hill. (Watch out for Knocknagoney Mike). Follow the A55 as it sweeps round to left (called parkway). At final proper roundabout take left into Campbell. Easy.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hillhall road is a great road though
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:I'm with Moore and BR.

M1 straight onto West link, at end of westlink hang left onto M3 following road signs to Bangor. After city airport follow signs for A55 Newtownards. You'll double back on yourself at a crazy junction that used to be roundabout, you'll see a big Tesco on the hill. (Watch out for Knocknagoney Mike). Follow the A55 as it sweeps round to left (called parkway). At final proper roundabout take left into Campbell. Easy.
The Sainsburys across the road near Ikea is cheaper for petrol
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Jackie Brown wrote:I'm with Moore and BR.

????
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:Hillhall road is a great road though
Right up until there's a problem on it.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
El Diablo
Novice

Post by El Diablo »

Jez, obviously divided opinions on this one! I think the consensus is the M3 is the safer bet in case of slow traffic on the Hillhall Road but either way should be fine. Thks again.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

That's pretty much it - one is longer/faster speeds, the other is a bit more fiddly. Either should be grand.
www.stoutboys.co.uk