Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Koonak
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by Koonak »

Yep totally uncalled for to single out one player. One player does not win or loose a game. Delighted for Wallace!
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Lyttle's move was not purely down to rugby. That may have influenced his decision, but it was not the primary factor in his move to Methody.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Hi all - just discovered the site and thought I would register! So go easy!
Having read all the recent posts and in particular about one person (the name doesn't mean anything to me), I just can't help wondering why on earth anyone would move schools in the middle of their A levels? Is he that big a 'draw' that MCB would entice him to move?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:Hi all - just discovered the site and thought I would register! So go easy!
Having read all the recent posts and in particular about one person (the name doesn't mean anything to me), I just can't help wondering why on earth anyone would move schools in the middle of their A levels? Is he that big a 'draw' that MCB would entice him to move?
Welcome here chuckles, I have been wondering the same as it is an extremely strange thing to do especially when the schools are only a stones throw from each other, could see through it if it was a big move.
Must be some non connected with rugby move for family reasons otherwise it sounds nuts.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BuckRogers wrote:So what's the story of this chap Lyttle? He can't seriously have just decided to bugger off to MCB in his final year of studies just to try and win a Schools Cup or is he 5th year/Lower 6Th?
I had heard he moved to MCB when he found out RBAI were not making him a prefect. :scratch:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
vintage65
Novice

Post by vintage65 »

To be honest, it's nobody's business why he moved, I think it's time people moved on and left him alone. The lad had a great match in the semi-final and is a fine player.
I hear both he and his mother had to close their facebook accounts, I can only imagine it's because of the abuse he was receiving. Absolute disgrace.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Yes probably a good idea to move on! So what does everyone think about the match ahead then? I see Paddy Power have Wallace at big odds on favourites! Will that 'big favourites' tag suit them?
nclcol
Novice

Post by nclcol »

I think it will be a very close encounter, Wallace arguably have the better side but have never won the cup so nerves and experience could play a part, then again most of the Wallace team have been involved in Medallion Shield finals/Schools cup semis/2XV cup winners. Think it will be a great match between the best two teams in the country this year regardless.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

nclcol wrote:I think it will be a very close encounter, Wallace arguably have the better side but have never won the cup so nerves and experience could play a part, then again most of the Wallace team have been involved in Medallion Shield finals/Schools cup semis/2XV cup winners. Think it will be a great match between the best two teams in the country this year regardless.
They drew 17-17 earlier on in the year. RBAI are the only team to have got a result against Wallace.

Wallace seem to be the favourites having beaten MCB.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

RBAI seem to be under the radar this year? Haven't heard much about them at all!! If they have been the only side to get a result against Wallace I wonder why they are such underdogs?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:RBAI seem to be under the radar this year? Haven't heard much about them at all!! If they have been the only side to get a result against Wallace I wonder why they are such underdogs?
Not according to the FRU
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

The FRU aren't Paddy Power though and I don't know any poor bookies...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tiocfaidh - you seem to think that the bookies predict the winner. That's not how they make money. Their odds ultimately reflect the bets being placed by the punters.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:Tiocfaidh - you seem to think that the bookies predict the winner. That's not how they make money. Their odds ultimately reflect the bets being placed by the punters.
Oddschecker show you a pie chart of where the money is going. Gives you a bit of insight.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Anyone an idea of players to be looking out for / representative make up etc?