Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Beattiespastie
Squire

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by Beattiespastie »

Early season Form has Wallace winning hands down but the result at Pirrie Park last year will mean nothing on Thursday. Close game. MCB to win... Narrowly.
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

rumncoke wrote:As a COBA the Inst game in the first half was beyond stupid to have the wind behind you and play pick up and go defies logic
The inst's tackling in the first half was as bad as RBAI passing .
Going into the second half I wouldn't have given odds on a Coleraine win and thought they were looking at being beaten by about 20 - 25 points

That they were beaten by what might well have been a forward pass says a great deal for the effort made by Coleraine and as a game the 2nd half was a better game than the first were the referee showed is love for the sound of his whistle .

Given the conditions it would be totally unfair to make any judgement on the quality of the play .

The players must have been frozen because I was and I was wearing a hat , heavy coat and gloves . So well done to both teams playing in terrible conditions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BBC highlights show that it was a clear and obvious forward pass, but the breaks didn't go our way today, The lads did the school proud. Nice to see so many of our next years pupils turn up, take a bow ladies.
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Watch it closely hands went back so not forward, also no mention of the RBAI second try which was disallowed by the Ref even though he was miles behind play.
Taking down the RBAI player in the air at line out no card.
2 deliberate knock ons by Coleraine no penalty just scrums.
The list goes on and on and on, and to honest there were mistakes given against Coleraine as well.
That's the game of rugby you take the breaks.
On the whole RBAI were the better team but Coleraine certainly gave a great account of themselves.
Hopefully Wallace to win on Thursday as I would not like to see Robert Lyttle having to play against the school he left in search of a cup medal.
Will be ironic if RBAI are through to the final and MCB get knocked out and you had left RBAI in search of a cup medal lol
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Pass was clearly forward. It shouldn't matter about the hands or momentum, the fact was that the pass was thrown on the halfway line and the Inst 13 caught it closer to the 10m line than halfway.

Better team lost. If CAI had a 10 who took it into contact less and a 13 who didn't run laterally all afternoon then they might've won.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bopeep wrote:Watch it closely hands went back so not forward, also no mention of the RBAI second try which was disallowed by the Ref even though he was miles behind play.
The list goes on and on and on, and to honest there were mistakes given against Coleraine as well.
On the whole RBAI were the better team but Coleraine certainly gave a great account of themselves.
Hopefully Wallace to win on Thursday as I would not like to see Robert Lyttle having to play against the school he left in search of a cup medal.
Will be ironic if RBAI are through to the final and MCB get knocked out and you had left RBAI in search of a cup medal lol
Lol you must be one of those twunts from rbai

Horrible place
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Rather pathetic remarks concerning young Robert Lyttle changing schools for a schools cup winning medal? I would suggest Robert Lyttle will have plenty of rewards to look back on when he hangs the boots up in later life. A great young lad with a bright future and I wish him well. Had he still been playing for RBAI my sentiments would be no different. Young Ulster talent needs our full support. '
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Look forward to seeing Robert Lyttle playing against RBAI if Methody do get past an excellent Wallace team. I don't think bopeep or his fellow RBAI friends would be looking forward to that scenario. Come to think of it I don't think bopeep will looking forward to RBAI facing Wallace either.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Now remind me Beattie this season Wallace beat MCB and did they beat RBAI, to be honest I would prefer Wallace to win would stick in my throat for a self centred player to win a medal.
But as with all Judas's his time will come, just hope his 30 pieces of silver were worth it. Prefer to keep my friends and to known as a good tram player rather than a self centre player.
To be honest I feel for the MCB player who has been dropped to make room for Lyttle. Imagine if it was your son who gave years to MCB rugby to be replaced by a blow in from RBAI how would you like it.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Russ wrote:
Bopeep wrote:Watch it closely hands went back so not forward, also no mention of the RBAI second try which was disallowed by the Ref even though he was miles behind play.
Lol you must be one of those twunts from rbai

Horrible place
Sorry to disappoint never went to the school see you must have gone to Campbell given your spelling lol
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

ruckover wrote:Pass was clearly forward. It shouldn't matter about the hands or momentum, the fact was that the pass was thrown on the halfway line and the Inst 13 caught it closer to the 10m line than halfway.

Better team lost. If CAI had a 10 who took it into contact less and a 13 who didn't run laterally all afternoon then they might've won.
Check the rules if hands go back it is not a forward pass, no point talking about ifs and maybes, CAI are out. The ref had great vision he concluded the RBAI second try was not a try from some distance back so given that I am sure he was fully aware of the pass that lead to the first try.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Beattiespastie wrote:Rather pathetic remarks concerning young Robert Lyttle changing schools for a schools cup winning medal? I would suggest Robert Lyttle will have plenty of rewards to look back on when he hangs the boots up in later life. A great young lad with a bright future and I wish him well. Had he still been playing for RBAI my sentiments would be no different. Young Ulster talent needs our full support. '
It's the truth he changed schools to get a cup medal, maybe after Thursday he will ask for a transfer to Wallace, who I think will win the cup.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Your posts just get sadder bopeep...
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Yis are all an embarassment lads, young fellas that are the future of UR and the AIL need a drop of encouragement not a load of guff
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Robert Lyttle is an outstanding prospect and I back him to go all the way.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Ah I get it, this Lyttle fella's the new Mark Best then?