Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Schools Cup 2016

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Snipe Watson »

Portora's year this year................
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dromore High looking good again
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Rbai
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:Portora's year this year................
:thumright: :bounce: >you_rock
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Methody 1st haven't played a game all of September according to their website.
Do they have around 10-15 away with Ulster schools? Beattiepastie can you fill everyone in?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

kingofthehill wrote:Methody 1st haven't played a game all of September according to their website.
Do they have around 10-15 away with Ulster schools? Beattiepastie can you fill everyone in?
They lost last weekend to BRA. Don't know definite score, but have been told it was around about 40-30.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

A number of Ulster schools players to return ( 4/5 I believe?) couple of centres a 10 and an 8. The first XV haven't played this year however the 2nd XV have had a few games with a couple of losses to Sullivan and BRAs 1st XV. I believe around 7 players in total set to return from representative stuff and injury etc. I would expect a fully fit MCB side to challenge for honours but the talk is all RBAI/ Campbell. Don't get to games as much due to work etc but from friends inside the school it sounds like a close run battle this year.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Full MCB squad trained/ played together on Monday in a game against Belfast Met and all concerned seemed happy with the first run out albeit only a 30 minute stint with the 2nd XV playing the second half. MCB have good pace in this squad and a good captain in number 8 Zac Jordan. As stated previously most chat is around RBAI etc this year and sources tell me Ballymena have a strong squad this year.Being underdogs this year could suit the MCB lads but time will tell. Ballymena away this weekend will be a great test so early in the season and should let both teams know what work is ahead of them. I hear that the Wallace squad is good this year but not as strong as the team that should have won this years schools cup. Sullivan I believe are in the same position with the 2014 cup final team being their best in recent years. Best of luck to all the teams as it's a long road to the final involving real graft in all weathers whilst trying to balance the academic side. Love to see MCB win though!
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Schools Cup 2016

Post by kingofthehill »

Beattiespastie wrote:A number of Ulster schools players to return ( 4/5 I believe?) couple of centres a 10 and an 8. The first XV haven't played this year however the 2nd XV have had a few games with a couple of losses to Sullivan and BRAs 1st XV. I believe around 7 players in total set to return from representative stuff and injury etc. I would expect a fully fit MCB side to challenge for honours but the talk is all RBAI/ Campbell. Don't get to games as much due to work etc but from friends inside the school it sounds like a close run battle this year.
So MCB had 4 players missing through Ulster schools and 3 injured. Did they leave out the other 8 players to train and not play any games until 2nd week in October?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

kingofthehill wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:A number of Ulster schools players to return ( 4/5 I believe?) couple of centres a 10 and an 8. The first XV haven't played this year however the 2nd XV have had a few games with a couple of losses to Sullivan and BRAs 1st XV. I believe around 7 players in total set to return from representative stuff and injury etc. I would expect a fully fit MCB side to challenge for honours but the talk is all RBAI/ Campbell. Don't get to games as much due to work etc but from friends inside the school it sounds like a close run battle this year.
So MCB had 4 players missing through Ulster schools and 3 injured. Did they leave out the other 8 players to train and not play any games until 2nd week in October?
MCB do what they want
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Don't really know Kingofthehill to be honest as I just got my info second hand whilst at Pirrie picking up my daughter from hockey :cheers: I do believe Monday was the first time the squad had a full run out. I would assume a number of players turning out in the defeats to Sullivan and BRA would also comprise the 1st XV set up as they have done every other year? It's s squad game and come schools cup selection MCB normally get it spot on :D with Nicky Wells at the helm you never rule MCB out, the schools cup is not decided on pre Xmas friendlies :cheers: