Blow in
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Blow in »

Jockster wrote:
ChuckleBrothers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
I take it the High School trophy is still not played at Ravers. It really should be. They could ditch the subsidiary shield or the Medallion final. Most of those anklebiters will get another chance anyway.
Why should it be played at Ravers but more importantly why are the School Cup Semis played at Ravers.

The Ravenhilll Cup is played in a field with several sheep running free as the pitch is over used :scratch: yes it is if you play two semis over two days for a bunch of spoilt rats not to mention a bunch of U16s
That's a good point. They should be first for the axe. A lot of the kids at MCB and Inst can't even be ar$ed going to the semis.

To be fair, the pitch seems in very good nick this year.
The pitch at Ravenhill this year once again is a sandpit...I don't disagree that the semis shouldn't be played there, but it gives the Branch another opportunity to stroke supporters and charge a tenner.
The pitch at the Dub for the Medallion final in 2014 was bone dry and had a severe lack of grass...
Everyone knows where the best playing surface in Ulster Rugby is...but you couldn't hold a major final there.
BRA
It's the best surface I've seen all season
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
I take it the High School trophy is still not played at Ravers. It really should be. They could ditch the subsidiary shield or the Medallion final. Most of those anklebiters will get another chance anyway.
Why should it be played at Ravers but more importantly why are the School Cup Semis played at Ravers.

The Ravenhilll Cup is played in a field with several sheep running free as the pitch is over used :scratch: yes it is if you play two semis over two days for a bunch of spoilt rats not to mention a bunch of U16s
That's a good point. They should be first for the axe. A lot of the kids at MCB and Inst can't even be ar$ed going to the semis.

The pitch at Ravenhill this year once again is a sandpit...I don't disagree that the semis shouldn't be played there, but it gives the Branch another opportunity to stroke supporters and charge a tenner.
The pitch at the Dub for the Medallion final in 2014 was bone dry and had a severe lack of grass...
Everyone knows where the best playing surface in Ulster Rugby is...but you couldn't hold a major final there.
Doesn't look much like a sandpit
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
ChuckleBrothers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Doesn't look much like a sandpit
Perhaps Chuckles has not actually seen the Ravenhill pitch for a few years :roll: :duck:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

The Ravenhilll Cup is played in a field with several sheep running free as the pitch is over used :scratch: yes it is if you play two semis over two days for a bunch of spoilt rats not to mention a bunch of U16s[/quote]

To be fair, the pitch seems in very good nick this year.[/quote]

Everyone knows where the best playing surface in Ulster Rugby is...but you couldn't hold a major final there.[/quote]
Doesn't look much like a sandpit[/quote]
Perhaps Chuckles has not actually seen the Ravenhill pitch for a few years :roll: :duck:[/quote]

Whatever...or perhaps he has first hand experience...who knows?...the pitch is crap, end of...
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The pitch is crap, it looks fine from the Terrace and on TV but high in the stands it looks in a bad state.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

The TMO was used during todays' Leinster Final and he disallowed a score for a forward pass in the first half. Gavin Duffy in commentary said it was so marginal that benefit of the doubt should have been given to Belvedere.
31 v 7 to Belvedere. Roscrea had plenty of possession but made a lot of handling errors at critical times. Belvo were able to flick on the attack switch at will (nos 14 & 15 prominent) and topped it all with a spectacular try from in front of their own posts.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:The pitch is crap, it looks fine from the Terrace and on TV but high in the stands it looks in a bad state.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
looks fine actually from our side except the bit of a mud patch in front of the tunnel
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Good luck to both sets of players for tomorrow's Schools Cup final. Two great sides should make for a good game. :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Beattiespastie wrote:Good luck to both sets of players for tomorrow's Schools Cup final. Two great sides should make for a good game. :D
Hopefully the supporters can behave themselves
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

C'monn Campbell. Get stuck into them.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:C'monn Campbell. Get stuck into them.
You're a supporter who needs to behave himself
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Russ wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:C'monn Campbell. Get stuck into them.
You're a supporter who needs to behave himself
You are such a negative Russ...totally draining... >minigun
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Chuckle I am with you on this 100% mate! I love the passion/ banter/ rivalry and craic on this thread!! I picked my son up from outside Methodist college this morning which he attended and won two schools cups with and he was standing there proud as punch in an RBAI rugby Hoodie. Better than that he spent last night drinking with former Campbell and RBAI ex first XV mates of his and they all enjoy the craic that today brings. Life is too short... I have much more in common with you Chuckle and the likes of Blow in etc. Being passionate and enthusiastic about your school team is just fine by me!! If others don't like it they can get stuffed!! :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Beattiespastie wrote:Chuckle I am with you on this 100% mate! I love the passion/ banter/ rivalry and craic on this thread!! I picked my son up from outside Methodist college this morning which he attended and won two schools cups with and he was standing there proud as punch in an RBAI rugby Hoodie. Better than that he spent last night drinking with former Campbell and RBAI ex first XV mates of his and they all enjoy the craic that today brings. Life is too short... I have much more in common with you Chuckle and the likes of Blow in etc. Being passionate and enthusiastic about your school team is just fine by me!! If others don't like it they can get stuffed!! :D
I'm sure he was top bants
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Gushergasm time
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.