Can a referee really say this?

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Can a referee really say this?

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Was watching the young lad in his U18's match with a really diabolical referee who in the first five minutes was being reminded by the watching spectators that above the neck tackling really wasn't on and off your feet around the chest of someone leading with no arms at a ruck could be dangerous...

Only to be told very audibly in front of a bunch of 16-17 year olds to quote 'shut the f..k up' by our lovely Ulster Branch ref'!

Is this on?
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Can a referee really say this?

Post by Russ »

Name and shame

But you should have videoed the offences first
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The Boo Radleys wrote:Was watching the young lad in his U18's match with a really diabolical referee who in the first five minutes was being reminded by the watching spectators that above the neck tackling really wasn't on and off your feet around the chest of someone leading with no arms at a ruck could be dangerous...

Only to be told very audibly in front of a bunch of 16-17 year olds to quote 'shut the f..k up' by our lovely Ulster Branch ref'!

Is this on?
Fine by me.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Irish reffing at it's finest.

I once had a ref that blew for full time after he'd given us a penalty on the 22. Funnily enough we were losing and went buck daft at him after.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Bound to be some child protection / safeguarding issues with that. I'm sure he's heard worse coming from the players but that is totally unacceptable behaviour from a referee. If some eejit was effing away at Ravenhill in earshot of kids I suspect he would soon be put in his place.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Name the game and date :cheers:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The Boo Radleys wrote:Was watching the young lad in his U18's match with a really diabolical referee who in the first five minutes was being reminded by the watching spectators that above the neck tackling really wasn't on and off your feet around the chest of someone leading with no arms at a ruck could be dangerous...

Is this on?
Not on, report to branch pronto if not already done.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Thanks all! One for the branch then - send me a PM if you really want a name!
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...