Re: Medallion Shield

Post by Koonak »

Anon489 wrote:Wallace 12- 10 CCB
17 - 14 to ccb
will+i+am
Novice

Post by will+i+am »

Good luck to both teams tomorrow. Might be the only time many of you get to play at our great home of rugby! I'm sure you guys are nervous but enjoy the experience. It's something you kids will remember for the rest of your life - win or lose. Your schools will all be proud of your achievements.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

CCB 17 - 0 WHS ft
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Wallace meds definitely over hyped. Disappointed to see them lose but fair play to CCB they were the much better team. WHS 9 took too much on on his own. CCB 13 looked class though
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Better side deservedly won, CCB outclassed Wallace in every area of the pitch.

As BD said, Campbell 13 was phenomenal. Made plenty of line breaks and deservedly scored a try at the end. He's called Jack Howard - definitely one to look out for if he plays like this on a regular basis.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Couldn't get out of work for this one.
What was the final score?
Considering the heartbreak in the Schools Cup against MCB, I'm especially pleased that this team lived up to it's billing.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

17-0 to CCB. Was 5-0 until about 10 minutes left, seemed a lot of Wallace players were hurt with cramp etc, two late tries makes the game seem more one sided than it was.

There seems to be a serious problem at Wallace about their mentality in big games, they've made it to three of the last four med shield finals, losing all but one when they drew, and likewise in the schools cup, they have lost both recent SF when they were expected to win. They definitely have the quality in their teams but something seems to be missing. CCB/MCB/RBAI are completely different mentally, they seem to have a 'been there done that' attitude and always look more comfortable.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

breakdown wrote:17-0 to CCB. Was 5-0 until about 10 minutes left, seemed a lot of Wallace players were hurt with cramp etc, two late tries makes the game seem more one sided than it was.

There seems to be a serious problem at Wallace about their mentality in big games, they've made it to three of the last four med shield finals, losing all but one when they drew, and likewise in the schools cup, they have lost both recent SF when they were expected to win. They definitely have the quality in their teams but something seems to be missing. CCB/MCB/RBAI are completely different mentally, they seem to have a 'been there done that' attitude and always look more comfortable.
First paragraph I would disagree. I felt Campbell were far the better team - hungrier at the breakdown, made more yards in attack and took their chances when offered. In fact, if they were even more clinical the score could have been worse - they butchered a four-on-one in the first half. In contrast, Wallace made limited yards and could never break the Campbell line, plus their discipline was shockingly bad. If I had been ref there would have definitely been a boy in the sin bin at some point.

Second paragraph I would definitely agree. Wallace seem to be stuck in a case of thinking they're one of the best sides in Northern Ireland despite the fact that they haven't won anything outright in a while. In my opinion they're at risk of falling a long way behind MCB, Inst, CCB etc if they can't start winning trophies again. You're completely right about the big matches - they completely bottle them and like you I don't know why.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
will+i+am
Novice

Post by will+i+am »

Going into the second half with a 5-0 lead, CCB had already won this game. The wind was fierce and CCB had the advantage in the second half and deserved all three of their tries. Wallace fought hard and their no 9 and 11 were outstanding I thought, but the backs for CCB were incredible. The pace and accuracy was commendable at this level. A very physical pack too and no 8 was outstanding. Good to see CCB win after so long and hope Wallace go on to lift the shield in the coming years!
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Self belief and mental toughness is a massive factor in schools rugby and I often believe the teams mirror the attitude of their senior coach. Sullivan won the Shield two years ago and they did so because apart from being a good side Willie Anderson had instilled arrogance in them. They were fortunate to win their first game against Methody but they built on it and deserved their title that year. CCB won their title with ability and mental toughness and that comes with the territory of a school that again has a great winning history and mentality......and no shortage of arrogance..and that's the key....total self belief.
The MCB side that lost to Sullivan in that Medallion game two years ago has now got around 6 schools cup winners and the rest won the 2nd X1V cup and now they are playing in another schools cup fin al next Monday and that's down to Nicky Wells. Wells is a hard demanding coach but he turns out teams with the same mindset. That's the trick for wallace.....self belief and a bit of the dog.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Interestingly Campbell have only won the Shield 3 times in their history compared to MCB and Inst who both have over 30 successes.
Steven-8
Novice

Re: Medallion Shield 2021/22

Post by Steven-8 »

Who is most likely to win the 2022 Medallion shield ?
waggonsroll
Initiate

Re: Medallion Shield 2021/22

Post by waggonsroll »

Steven-8 wrote:Who is most likely to win the 2022 Medallion shield ?
Ask Gusher, don't waste your time asking here Image

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Steven-8 wrote:Who is most likely to win the 2022 Medallion shield ?
Wallace or RBAI

MCB junior school is poor. After this year I can’t see MCB winning anything for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Steven-8
Novice

Post by Steven-8 »

Mcb vs RBAI in the quarter finals on the 5th February I think RBAI should come on top of that game