Medallion Shield

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Runwild67
Novice

Re: Medallion Shield

Post by Runwild67 »

I think everyone would agree that referees who give up their time FOC should get a medal, but debating decisions is all part of the fun we have watching this great game. I have been at a game that didn't go ahead as there was no referee, so I know how important they are.

Let's get back to the rugby - anyone want to predict the score for the final? I'll start 12 - 7 Wallace
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

I know the development officer Mr Wilkinson, the refs do get paid nothing for schools games and that needs to change so we know longer have some of the current monkies running about in the middle blowing the whistle.

The refs role is very important but let's do it right, or why bother.
Binman
Novice

Post by Binman »

Having coached a team beaten by both finalists I think WHS will win it. That said, CCB have the power game to beat them.
Binman
Novice

Post by Binman »

FYI bopeep ref's Don't get paid for doing club games either.
Runwild67
Novice

Post by Runwild67 »

I can't agree with the terms being used to describe the referees here. paying refs for school games is not the way forward. Experience and education is how to improve standards and that only comes with getting in the middle and doing the job. Schools games are in my opinion a good way new refs can get that experience. As I said earlier a healthy debate about decisions is al part of the fun, but these folk give up their perfectly god time so we and our kids can enjoy the sport.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

If I do not do my job correctly I get a rocket from the boss and next time around I try to improve on that. Now I pointed out that reffing is a thankless task and everyone is grateful for their personal sacrifice but there are times when I have left a game slightly disillusioned and annoyed at some reffing decisions. ...and I know I am not alone. Good ,impartial,honest refs are very much the norm but....sorry binman....there are poor ones out there and we shouldn't be precious about it. Wallace 19 v 10.
Binman
Novice

Post by Binman »

Beatties' rest assured that refs' do get assessed/criticised for their performances but in my experience it's the Refs themselves who will reflect on their own shortcommings and usually learn from their mistakes. That said, there are times when I too get disillusioned by the extent to which rugby referees can and do decide the outcome of games. Craig Joubertschandling of the WC final almost had me taking the pea out of my whistle but as a more seasoned whistler told me 'that's our game'. That's what I tell the kids I coach.

Anyway I concur with your score prediction for the final.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The annual bitching session on refs for schools matches strikes again :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Anon489
Novice

Post by Anon489 »

Schools referees should be as important and interprovincial matches in the medallion shield/ schools cup because many of these players are in RDS systems and will have to get used to professional refs and how they act.

The ref in the semi final between CCB and RBAI is the perfect example of why refereeing should be taken more seriously, matches depend on it, RBAI should have won that game.
vintage65
Novice

Post by vintage65 »

Runwild67 wrote:I think everyone would agree that referees who give up their time FOC should get a medal, but debating decisions is all part of the fun we have watching this great game. I have been at a game that didn't go ahead as there was no referee, so I know how important they are.

Let's get back to the rugby - anyone want to predict the score for the final? I'll start 12 - 7 Wallace
What are you saying then Runwild67 CCB12 - 7Wallace????
Anon489
Novice

Post by Anon489 »

Wallace 12- 10 CCB
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Great contribution to the thread Rooster.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Beattiespastie wrote:Great contribution to the thread Rooster.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Lol...forever the pot stirrer!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Beattiespastie wrote:Lol...forever the pot stirrer!
Just love schools cup time as there is always a good bitchfight about referees
Rory Best