Any word on the Academy?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Silverstu
Initiate
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 am

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by Silverstu » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Decent result from the academy 7s tournament - won 2 out of 3
Ulster vs Connacht 45-5 David Shanahan (2) and Aaron Sexton (2) were among the try scorers
Ulster vs Munster 24-12 Ireland Sevens international Cormac Izuchukwu was among the try scorers
Ulster vs Ireland 15-35

Squad-Azur Allison, Ben Carson, Lewis Finlay, Hayden Hyde, Bruce Houston, Cormac Izuchukwu, Greg Jones, Conor Rankin, Marcus Rea, Aaron Sexton, David Shanahan.

Hopefully a bit of extra gametime will help get some of the young lads like Sexton ready for a shot at the first team this season.

User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Warrior
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by Gerald the Mole » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Why were Leinster not playing

jean valjean
Warrior Assassin
Posts: 1443
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by jean valjean » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Gerald the Mole wrote:Why were Leinster not playing
Were they not ireland?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by Setanta » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:04 pm

:D probably :lol: :roll:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!

User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Warrior
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by Gerald the Mole » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 pm

jean valjean wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm
Gerald the Mole wrote:Why were Leinster not playing
Were they not ireland?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If they had any CV cases I am sure the 42 would have been all over like they are with ulster

User avatar
The Ulsterian
Initiate
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Living in HOPE

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by The Ulsterian » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:18 pm
Why were Leinster not playing
Their squad is too small and they're stretched at present >fiddle
From the42
"Leinster are the notable absentees from round one owing to a combination of injuries and stretched resources with 21 senior players in the 15-a-side Ireland setup. However, the eastern province are due to take their place in the tournament for rounds two and three on 31 October and 7 November respectively."

User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Warrior
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by Gerald the Mole » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:25 am

The Ulsterian wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 pm
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:18 pm
Why were Leinster not playing
Their squad is too small and they're stretched at present >fiddle
From the42
"Leinster are the notable absentees from round one owing to a combination of injuries and stretched resources with 21 senior players in the 15-a-side Ireland setup. However, the eastern province are due to take their place in the tournament for rounds two and three on 31 October and 7 November respectively."

Yeah, I am sure if they had positive Covid cases 42 would cover it

Post Reply