Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Silverstu
Initiate

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by Silverstu »

Big-al wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:59 pm If they don’t blood 3 or 4 youngsters likeDoak, Stewart, Reid etc the it’s a wasted opportunity.

Highly likely that Ulster won’t win the game, even with a full strength side out.
Yep- they need to mix in enough senior players to make them competitive but bringing through the next bunch of youngsters ready for next season should be the priority.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Silverstu wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:38 pm Bearing in mind we have leinster the following week do we give some guys a break or allow them to get back on the horse? Addison and TOT on press duty so expect them to start but who else do we throw in?
My team:
Warwick, Andrews, tot, hendo, treadwell, reidy, Jones, mccann, shanners, stockdale, lowry, Moore, Addison, lyttle, mclroy. Doak on the bench along with rea jnr, reid, Roberts, big G, curtis and madigan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Moore is injured I think, Hume or Curtis at 12? Tom Stewart maybe in there on the bench? Maybe Alby starting rather than Shanners and maybe ReaSr starting over Jones.I think McCann and Rea Jr need time in the back row, although not sure if Rea Jr is rated I always thought he looked pretty tough, dynamic at 7 the few times helot the opportunity.
After last weekend I think alby has served his time. Appreciate he is a better player than the other 2 for now but come September what good is that to us.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The provinces should be using this bs as a place to blood nippers. The likes of Sexton, McCann, Reid, Doak etc. should be getting opportunities. They have been starved of rugby this year. Let them loose. It's not like we have a host of big buck recruits from overseas on the way.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

jean valjean wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:38 pm Bearing in mind we have leinster the following week do we give some guys a break or allow them to get back on the horse? Addison and TOT on press duty so expect them to start but who else do we throw in?
My team:
Warwick, Andrews, tot, hendo, treadwell, reidy, Jones, mccann, shanners, stockdale, lowry, Moore, Addison, lyttle, mclroy. Doak on the bench along with rea jnr, reid, Roberts, big G, curtis and madigan.

Would guess
Warwick Andrews TOT Hendo Treadwell Reidy Marcus rea timoney alby Lowry lyttle Stu Addison gilroy stockdale
The King is dead. Long live the King.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

I would be giving all the starters from Leicester a week off this week, tho that could be dangerous against a Munster side which will likely be full strength. I wouldn’t be sending an Academy team down either, but over the course of the tournament I’d be looking to play a combination of guys who haven’t had a lot of game time the last wee while (Andrew, Roberts, Carter, Jones, Shanahan, Madigan, Curtis, Addison, Lyttle, Faddes, Ludik, Gilroy) as well as blooding some of the younger players (Reid, Stewart, McMenamin, Rea Jr, McCann, Allison, Doak, Sexton, McIlroy, Moxham). Developing some young players, especially in the pack, should be the priority. And giving Lowry a go at 10 of course.

Though I do fear for his safety up against Farrell and De Allende if he has shanahan and Curtis on either side of him! (In saying that his tackling technique is excellent to be fair)

Ulster have never lost 3 in a row under Dan tho 😏 :fleg: :fleg:
Grey Wolf
Novice

Post by Grey Wolf »

I’d really like to see McCann more than anyone else. We’ve been hearing for quite some time that he’s an international in waiting and a part solution to Ulsters pack problems, but we’ve seen very little of him.

If he doesn’t get a run in the next set of games I’d start to be concerned; it would have to surely mean that he’s not a great trainer, has had a run of small injuries, or just doesn’t justify the hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:19 pm
My team:

Would guess
Warwick Andrews TOT Hendo Treadwell Reidy Marcus rea timoney alby Lowry lyttle Stu Addison gilroy stockdale
Close but no cigar
The King is dead. Long live the King.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Stronger team than I was expecting. Great to see Marcus Rea and McCann both get starts, hope they go well. Lowry at 10 is exciting too, though surprised to see Mathewson getting a start after last week, would’ve preferred Doak to get some game time along with Shanahan, but Dan must be saving him for next week.

Good to see Carter and Curtis back too, overall that’s a team that should be competitive!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They’ve got Goggin and Scannell in midfield.

No sign of Joey anywhere.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

20210506_120237.jpg
20210506_120237.jpg (80.36 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Fineen Wycherley, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, Gavin Coombes.
Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, Roman Salanoa, Jean Kleyn, CJ Stander, Nick McCarthy, Ben Healy, Damian de Allende.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Looks to be a good balance between the two sides.Like the look of our team- Lowry at 10, the backrow with Rea Jr and McCann starting and good to see Carter and Curtis back on the bench plus Callum Reid to come on with Marty Moore, good blends of experience and youth.Hopefully they will continue to d this for the remaining games.Would love to see Doak and Stewart get time as well, but maybe in future games can't dump all the youngsters in at once.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big breakdown threat in that Munster pack. A good learning experience for Rea jnr and McCann. Hope to see Reid get some game time.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I don't regard this fixture as being of any importance other than giving guys experience. Great to see McCann and Marcus getting another shot. Callum Reid in the 23 is also promising.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Calm down. Calm down.