Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by big mervyn »

... Dan's the Messiah - and we should know, we've followed a few!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:33 am ... Dan's the Messiah - and we should know, we've followed a few!
Follow, follow, we will follow.........

ooops

some other team is already using that one!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Also not sure how the ref missed the trip on Doak.
Yeah the old star jump attempt to block a kick. So even if you don't block the ball, you trip up the player if he goes past you.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Marco wrote:Definitely heard the lines before about youth coming through and benefitting from experience, a few times, well remembering when Trimby was one of a bright crop, so you can be blasé about it and easily enough convince yourself that beating Toulouse, Racing, Leinster, Exeter.... away from home or in knockout is just not gonna happen. To be positive, this was a good performance against the Leinster first team and one basic (loss of concentration) mistake in defence by Herring opened the door to 7 points. Best performance since two years ago in the qtr final, nearly same score lines also (21-18 and 21-17), so we’re back there, no better but at least back and I do feel that crowds being back next season will benefit Ulster more than most generally, so hanging in there for sure.

Special mention to Connacht also, some game at Thomond!
A mistake by Billy Burns led to Healy not grounding the ball.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Bobbievee, I would love Ulster to go a whole season without losing a game. We can but dream.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:32 pm Bobbievee, I would love Ulster to go a whole season without losing a game. We can but dream.
The SPL - probably the only league that's less competitive than the Pro12. Winning it has the same kudos as winning Boat Race.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Do away with the Captain's Challenge instead have a Coaches Challenge -- provide the coach with a means to message the TMO to review an incident --again only one challenge per half admissible .

Any re Henshaw

In the Payne incident we had a referee who saw the an outcome and looked for an offence mistaking contact for tackle not one and the same thing

But the manner in which the game is being refereed is a matter of concern.

lets consider the trip on Doak and three possible outcomes of that trip

The first Doak sees the foot, late, trips but reacts to fall safely, roll get up and continue playing -- No action by the referee, Lines man, and TMO

the second Doak is up ended and comes down heavily on his shoulder and lies on the ground -- Two reviews advises a yellow card -- Doak retires and a day later has a broken arm

The third Doak falls not on his shoulder but his head --TMO reviews advises a red card, Doak goes off for HIA and returns after 10 minutes.

The same offence three outcomes and three different penalties for the same offence

In the Henshaw incident Balacoune was luck no to sent off yellow for playing a player off his feet and without the ball due to head injury alleged -- frequently in a case of foul play the player guilty of the offence will fane injury while the offence is being assessed -- ie I may have fouled the guy--- but look I came off second best ????

Maybe I'm to cynical but -- it happens to often not to be considered possible
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I've just been looking in on Babbling Brook's discussion on Friday's match. I must say it wasn't at all a bad discussion and there were a lot of sensible things said about us. Does anyone here ever contribute there? I know we have a few folk from other teams on here (and very welcome you are, lads) so I might join in there. You can tell I'm due to retire in a few months!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just read Rum's comment about a coach's challenge. Same suggestion made on Babbling Brook and I have some sympathy for it. Let the players get on with playing.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

solidarity wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:40 pm Just read Rum's comment about a coach's challenge. Same suggestion made on Babbling Brook and I have some sympathy for it. Let the players get on with playing.
Evidence to suggest Rumn is a D4 plant
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:45 pm
solidarity wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:40 pm Just read Rum's comment about a coach's challenge. Same suggestion made on Babbling Brook and I have some sympathy for it. Let the players get on with playing.
Evidence to suggest Rumn is a D4 plant
Or just a plant? :flower:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

That's a "forget-me -not" Capt nice to think you will remember me !!!

definitely not a Babbling Brook more a Lagan Lout

having considered Law 9 (7) c and that players should not do anything to make the referee consider an opponent has infringed the laws and the fact like many changes and things in the laws which contradict each other or appear to , the Captains challenge seems to be one .

It is also a bit like an " I-got-ya_ with out the a second challenge rather useless if used early and lost

I_Got-Ya " be ing a handicap in golf -- you get two and use the first on the first tee -- a little hit on the b-lls from behind with a club as your fellow golfer is about to hit his ball -- saying" I -got-Ya" -- and reminding him you have a second Its the fear of a second ruins his game.

Having used the challenge for Henshaw and lost the challenge for Doak didn't exist. And red cards have been given for trips .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big man Hendo.
Screenshot_20210518-121217_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210518-121217_Twitter.jpg (55.59 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

According to D4 the sun shines out of JR's orifice. He apparently was the top second row on the field last week. If James Ryan broke wind in Dublin it would be a Hurricane by the time it reached the rest of the country
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Not sure he was the best 2nd row on the Leinster side. Baird's athleticism is really standing out now.