will he won't he sign

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

promsandwich
Steward

Re: will he won't he sign

Post by promsandwich »

Think Kockett would be a fine signing as long as we also get a 10 and/or 15
the fisherman
Novice

Post by the fisherman »

does anyone know if paddy has signed a new contract.i am asking because i heard a terrible romour that the >TH want him.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

the fisherman wrote:does anyone know if paddy has signed a new contract.i am asking because i heard a terrible romour that the >TH want him.
Yes.....that is a terrible "romour" :lol:

Anyway....don't know about the Turnips wanting Paddy, but i heard Ferris is a goner to be joined by others if we don't make the HEC next season.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
browner wrote:
the fisherman wrote:does anyone know if paddy has signed a new contract.i am asking because i heard a terrible romour that the >TH want him.
Yes.....that is a terrible "romour" :lol:

Anyway....don't know about the Turnips wanting Paddy, but i heard Ferris is a goner to be joined by others if we don't make the HEC next season.
I'd doubt that personally.
So do I, If they do leave though, who would they play for in such short notice? Munster?
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Hey.... just passing on what i heard...all i can say is that it comes deep from within U/R.
Anyway...can't see us not making the HEC.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

sorry but I don't agree that Stringer was at any stage a top-class scrum-half - he has 90 caps for Ireland because of a lack of alternative/unwillingness to try alternatives thanks to EOS selection-by-default era. He was pretty much always rubbish - most years would have been the worst starting 9 on show in the six nations (including Italy).

When I moved to London and started bumping into rugby fans from all over the place, the question I fielded most was 'do you guys really not have any decent scrum-halfs??'. I was a little defensive for a while - but when you actually pay attention to him you notice quite how rubbish he is - poor kicking game, poor decision-maker, no threat, and his much-vaunted 'fastest pass in the west' despite the hype, is frequently all over the shop..

the absolute last scrum-half ulster need...
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

browner wrote:Hey.... just passing on what i heard...all i can say is that it comes deep from within U/R.
Anyway...can't see us not making the HEC.
I saw mention on the turnips website of them 'swooping for an Ulster backrow', and I can't really think of anyone else they'd want. Also would make sense given that we've signed Rush and the Quinlans going to be 37 next year. Would be absolutely sickening if true though. Given he still has a year left on his contract you'd have to assume the IRFU were forcing it through too. How on earth do they expect us to get anywhere if they keep taking our best players. You'd have thought there is far too much potential for Ulster to become a major club to just write us off as a development province.
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

I saw mention on the turnips website of them 'swooping for an Ulster backrow', and I can't really think of anyone else they'd want. Also would make sense given that we've signed Rush and the Quinlans going to be 37 next year. Would be absolutely sickening if true though. Given he still has a year left on his contract you'd have to assume the IRFU were forcing it through too. How on earth do they expect us to get anywhere if they keep taking our best players. You'd have thought there is far too much potential for Ulster to become a major club to just write us off as a development province.MightyRearranger
Initiate

Private messageMSNM/WLM
Where does it mention this on the turnips website? Can't see it?
Meteor
Novice

Post by Meteor »

Cant believe all the negativity about Stringer a fine player in my book but it is achedemic cant see him coming here either
Meteor
Novice

Post by Meteor »

Just as a seperate note how many Munter players have come to UR in the professional era personally cant recall any that said They would be glad to have any one of Best, Ferris or Wallace (with De Villers going) or maybe even O'Donaghue
MightyRearranger
Warrior

promsandwich wrote:
I saw mention on the turnips website of them 'swooping for an Ulster backrow', and I can't really think of anyone else they'd want. Also would make sense given that we've signed Rush and the Quinlans going to be 37 next year. Would be absolutely sickening if true though. Given he still has a year left on his contract you'd have to assume the IRFU were forcing it through too. How on earth do they expect us to get anywhere if they keep taking our best players. You'd have thought there is far too much potential for Ulster to become a major club to just write us off as a development province.MightyRearranger
Initiate

Private messageMSNM/WLM
Where does it mention this on the turnips website? Can't see it?
http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_ ... PN=3&TPN=2

Third post from the bottom on that page. Hardly a cast iron source in itself, but have heard the same rumour from a couple of different places, and it's starting to make me a little bit worried.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Meteor wrote:Just as a seperate note how many Munter players have come to UR in the professional era personally cant recall any that said They would be glad to have any one of Best, Ferris or Wallace (with De Villers going) or maybe even O'Donaghue
Think Dan Tuohy is a >TC
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Would be a massive loss to lose Ferris and Paddy for that matter ,especially to another province.I wouldnt have thought they would be too keen on "emigrating" myself but if the irfu coerce them to sign as part of their centralised contract it would be a diabolical thing to do and a real setback for ulster rugby.I think if that were to happen my ireland shirts would be in the bin and the weary road to dublin would become a distant memory .Prob start supporting Scotland and have tea and scones with HRH :oman:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Meteor
Novice

Post by Meteor »

Ferris would probably be a target for Munster I assume that Nick Williams will be out of there end of this season because he has not really worked out for them mainly due to an injury record despite his Barnstorming 60 mins for them on Sunday
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

So what its more controversial :stir:
Last edited by namron on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup