Ruan becomes an Ulsterman

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

promsandwich
Steward

Re: Ruan becomes an Ulsterman

Post by promsandwich »

As Clinton became known as Hilary, is it at all possible that someone will refer to Ruan as Caitriona?
Even if he does we can rest easy in the knowledge that no-one could be as thick!!!

This signing is the best news about UR for some time - it has quite simply made my day :D :D :D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :red:
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Yoda wrote:When all the crap was being talked a few weeks ago about our squad for next year and the SH position in particular there were many people giving off stink about the mgt team and the world in general - I said I would reserve judgement until an announcement was made - well now it has - absolutely brilliant - well done Humph and all involved :cheers:

There are a number of posters who need to get on here and eat some humble pie while offering apologies at the same time

:D
Off your high horse get maybe wise Yoda?

Thanks many many thanks for eventually giving us your wise words and judgement. :lol:

Why don't you go ahead and tell us which posters should get on here and get on bended knee to eat humble pie? If you don't like someone's comments then why don't you just block them?? Starting with me, if you like.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

maximus wrote:
tomodaman_2 wrote:Where's WKOTW when you need him?!
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:the hand upon his shirt is red, pienaar, pienaar
i say "white bread" he says "woite bred" pienaar, pienaar,
he kicks the goals he scores the tries he loves the taste of ulster frys
he's ruan pienaar, ulster's number 9
I work with the knight.
he's currently banned from the board, and has become hooked on twitter instead...

What??? When did this happen? Free the Welder, bring back the Welder! whatever happened to free speech??

Surely with this great news of Pienaar :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: the powers that be, can show a little clemency to the Welder???
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
Rooster wrote:
DHK wrote:what a fantastic signing! Brightened up my day no end! :)
There is still the provision in the statement
Negotiations for his release are still ongoing with his Province, The Sharks.
What happens if no agreement reached ?
All a little rushed to try and smoke-over the Rush debacle perhaps...

RHH,
Do you not think that's a bit unfair to suggest UR were orchestrating this to smoke-over Rush, If you look at the start of Cables initial post:

"Following a report in South African Newspaper, The Sunday Tribune, in which Springbok Coach Peter de Villiers confirmed Ruan Pienaar’s move to Northern Ireland, Ulster are delighted to announce that Ruan will join Ulster Rugby on a two year contract. "

Unless it was UR leaking it to the Sunday Trib????
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Pienaar is signed until the end the currie cup I'd say, Sharls might want him but given their history then tend to release their players as soon as they have signed for someone else (obviously at the end of the super 14)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:It wouldn't be Ulster if we couldn't find a cloud in every silver lining :roll:
Me too Grumpy but it looks very strange to say a man is signed then say they are trying to negotiate his release :scratch:
cables wrote:Hey Cap'n

As Clinton became known as Hilary, is it at all possible that someone will refer to Ruan as Caitriona?
Please no cables one of her is quite enough for the world let alone the province.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
RedKC
Novice

Post by RedKC »

Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:It wouldn't be Ulster if we couldn't find a cloud in every silver lining :roll:
Me too Grumpy but it looks very strange to say a man is signed then say they are trying to negotiate his release :scratch:
cables wrote:Hey Cap'n

Please no cables one of her is quite enough for the world let alone the province.
This is about when he will leave south africa. He has signed a contract here to play until the end of the 2011/2012 season its when that contract starts is the issue. He is contracted to play for the sharks until the end of the SA season but would like to be here before the ML starts and wants released
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Big-al wrote:Pienaar is signed until the end the currie cup I'd say, Sharls might want him but given their history then tend to release their players as soon as they have signed for someone else (obviously at the end of the super 14)

Hoping you're on the money with this one Big-al. Would be great if this is the way it pans out.
jonnybags
Novice

Post by jonnybags »

What a time to be an Ulster supporter. Enjoy it!
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Yoda wrote:When all the crap was being talked a few weeks ago about our squad for next year and the SH position in particular there were many people giving off stink about the mgt team and the world in general - I said I would reserve judgement until an announcement was made - well now it has - absolutely brilliant - well done Humph and all involved :cheers:

There are a number of posters who need to get on here and eat some humble pie while offering apologies at the same time

:D
Off your high horse get maybe wise Yoda?

Thanks many many thanks for eventually giving us your wise words and judgement. :lol:
Ah to be so perfect yet so intolerably pious; If we al took your fence sitting attitude the board would die a death- as someone once said hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Though out of interest should I, for example, apologise because Humphreys has finally managed to sign the player-he had initially told Boss in December he would be playing second fiddle too but subsequently to that offered Dwayne Peel a contract because the Pienaar talks broke down? Don't think so.

Didn't mean to come across pious - sorry is Yoda - having said that there was far too much crap being spouted on here about how awful a job Dr H and mgt based on nothing more than rumour and speculation which as normal was being touted as fact. Simply pointing out that its simply not right to crucify a mgt team on its decision making until you know what the decisions are. As has been mentioned above I suspect that this signing was wrapped up long ago (and had strong sense of same when talking to mgt at supporters' night) and they simply couldn't release it.
Red Hand Hero wrote:[I don't wish to pi$h on the parade here because it is a tremendous signing for Ulster and gravitas to Humph for his role in it but at the end of the day its his job to do it, a job he's getting more than well paid for...i'm sure a few windbags giving off about him on the uafc won't cause him to lose too much sleep.
Trying to justify not eating the pie? Scared you'll choke perhaps?? :stir:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

YoungMan wrote:One signing................ does not a management team make..................
Nor a team.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

Still buzzing over the news today - now to settle the Rust affair.

By all accounts he is not coming to Ravenhill - as already posted his girlfriend problem is now sorter with her departure back to NZ - Cardiff have gathered together some unexpected dosh with their Amlin success and suddenly Rush is now affordable.

UR need to quickly move on - agree compensation and get back into the marketplace - there must be some decent talent available who can fill in the 1F role when needed.

Any suggestions?
George Smith - Australia
Jean Deysel - SA
Pierre Spies - SA
Pedrie Wannenburg - SA
Rodney So'oialo - NZ
George Whitelock - NZ
Tanerau Latimer - NZ

Do you think Humph will be visiting Turnipstan for the Ba Bas game!!!
Always ate your spuds....
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

Fantastic news, congratulations Dr. Dave you did say we'd have an international scrum half next season.:salut:
also noticed when Brian McLaughlin was being interviewed Rush wasn't mentioned.

But

The 26-year-old Springbok represents the most high profile signing in the history of the Province.

He is one of the game's most talented players.

He won the World Cup with the Springboks in 2007 and can play scrum half, out half and full back.

He has scored 85 International points in 26 appearances.

Crucially, his goal kicking percentage is 90 per cent - meaning Ulster will be clinical from the boot next season.

At Ulster he will play at 9 giving Brian McLaughlin the opportunity the chance to pair him with Ian Humphreys, Niall O'Connor or Paddy Wallace at half back.

Ticket sales are guaranteed to be up; watching Ulster with Pienaar will be Magners League box office.

The Province only narrowly missed out on qualifying for the quarter finals of the Heineken Cup this season.

Pienaar and his International team mate Johan Muller who signed earlier in the year could be the missing pieces of the Ulster jig saw for the next campaign.

The only sour note of the week is the fact that Ulster look likely to miss out on Xavier Rush, with the New Zealander opting to stay at Cardiff.

However, don't rule out the possibility of another high profile Southern Hemisphere player coming in his place.

If the potential targets are to be believed, Ulster rugby fans will have another big signing to celebrate soon

http://www.u.tv/Blogs/Neil-Brittain/Mul ... 957dd31231

Is there more to come?? :thumright:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Billyboy wrote:Still buzzing over the news today - now to settle the Rust affair.

By all accounts he is not coming to Ravenhill - as already posted his girlfriend problem is now sorter with her departure back to NZ - Cardiff have gathered together some unexpected dosh with their Amlin success and suddenly Rush is now affordable.
Always knew it was a very bad job taking women on a rugby tour :thumbdown:
Rory Best
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

Awesome signing, looks like Ulster are slowly becoming the Irish version of saffercens.