Top 4 Predictions

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Top 4 Predictions

Post by Setanta »

Court and Fitzparick are definitely back.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Dragons are not to be dismissed but lets face it, if you had to pick a Welsh team to go to and not be slaughtered who would you pick ?

We will be going there rested after a tough series of games and as long as Ruan & Humph don't clash and each get broken legs in training we have well more than enough to go and win the game. Ironically much as I would particularly like to have Trimble but Paddy as well, in Gilroy & Darren Cave who was superb on Friday - clearly MOTM, we have trouble in areas where we are best placed to cover.

Recovery of a prop or two would help of course but the Dragons are competent rather than dangerous in the scrum.

With the pack getting a week to clear their heads, I as a natural pessimist am entirely optimistic :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

againstthehead wrote:
The dragons are a really threat when they get their tails up and have a couple of backs that can cause us big problems. Our kickers 'should' be able to keep us in the game and the desire to stay in the top 4 should mean that we throw the kitchen sink at them. Dragons have a big inter-pro this weekend while we have a deserved rest. If we play as well as we did in the 1st half against northampton and in the 2nd half against leinster, we should win. I'd be much more confident if BJ and Court were fit.
Fixed that for ya ATH :wink:
Post Tenebras Lux
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

backawaygoonahead wrote:Dragons are not to be dismissed but lets face it, if you had to pick a Welsh team to go to and not be slaughtered who would you pick ?
For us?

Cardiff.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

earl the beaver wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:Dragons are not to be dismissed but lets face it, if you had to pick a Welsh team to go to and not be slaughtered who would you pick ?
For us?

Cardiff.
Don't tink so Oil, 3 in a row would be pushing your luck & don't forget when we played them in Wales :wink: clue: AI time.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

OK so now we know exactly the position. Losing BP and we are guaranteed no worse than 4th, Win and we are guaranteed 3rd & will be playing Leinster.

I confidently predict:

Ospreys will win but not get a 4 try BP against mighty Aironi
Scarlets will beat Cardiff
Ulster will beat the Dragons with the last kick of the game
Leinster will beat Glasgow but never forget that they have struggled against Glasgow in the past when Glasgow haven't been told to pull their internationals.

Semis: Munster v Ospreys Leinster v Ulster.

Cardiff fail again and its "up yours Rush". :lol:

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

did you not watch last season's last round of the HC goon head? Never count one's chickens...

Methinks,

Leinster will win by about 10 points
Ulster will secure a losing BP
Osreys will run in about 6 tries
Cardiff will get a losing BP.

Ulster to Play Munster away.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Against

Going by your predictions that would put Hairsprays & Ulster on same points. We go 3rd with more games won and would face Leinster?

I suggest you have a rethink :cheers:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

SparkyClarky wrote:Italians 5pts, Dragons 4pts, Glasgow 4pts, Scarlets 4pts, Leinster 0pts, Connacht 4pts, Dragons 4pts (6/7) :D

25pts out of remaining games?

C'Mon Ulster!!! :red: :red: :red:
Not good quoting yourself but as already stated in Dragons win thread
Munster v Hairsprays
Leinster v Ulster
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

SparkyClarky wrote:Against

Going by your predictions that would put Hairsprays & Ulster on same points. We go 3rd with more games won and would face Leinster?

I suggest you have a rethink :cheers:

lol, DOH.

methinks I need a coffee...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

just noticed that llanelli can still potentially qualify for the semis so something for them to play for!!!
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

againstthehead wrote:just noticed that llanelli can still potentially qualify for the semis so something for them to play for!!!
yeah but they need ospreys to lose to aironi I think - not all that likely
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

againstthehead wrote:did you not watch last season's last round of the HC goon head? Never count one's chickens...

Methinks,

Leinster will win by about 10 points
Ulster will secure a losing BP
Osreys will run in about 6 tries
Cardiff will get a losing BP.

Ulster to Play Munster away.
For once, I agree...
Exterminate all rational thought
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

We're playing the team that has just beaten Munster, Ospreys, Scarlets and the Blues in their last matches. Hope all you optimists are right but methinks this will be one tough game.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

2 things in our favour:
- they've had a couple of huge game with no week off.
- this is our 'cup final' and we'll fight to the death. The dragons will certainly want to win their last game of the season but as the match progresses, our desire should be greater.

In their favour,
- they have no pressure on them - which suits their style of play. If our defence isn't on the money, we could leak in tries against this side.

It's certainly a very tough game. If you were to offer Brian a losing BP now, I'm sure he'd rip your hand off.