Top 4 Predictions

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Top 4 Predictions

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BTW, I've heard of Spence and Marshall (both of them) but who is this person Vice Versa of whom you speak, and did they respond when Gusher called them? :scratch:
Works down Adelaide Street. Gripping personality, so I hear. But not as much as chief Versa
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

Talking about the Great Gusher mixing up the players - who is this new Ulster player Shirley?

Have a watch at the Trimble try on Roosters Youtube @0.43 or 47.36 on match time !

A true Naked Gun moment! :lol:
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Looking at Leinster's fixtures but without trawling the www to assess likely weather conditions, regime change, fielding weakened teams etc etc I would expect Leinster to win each of their remaining games with only Munster away a potential concern for them.

Munster have Leinster at home & each of the top 3 Welsh teams away - expect them to drop a shed load of points and perhaps a look at their remaining fixtures goes some way to explaining their current eminent position when viewed against their form. The good thing form our point of view is that they have so many of the top teams to play which hopefully will result in a spread of points.

Cardiff have Munster, Ospreys & Scarlets. Scarlets have Leinster & Ulster away, Munster & Cardiff at home amongst their fixtures and are in freefall - their win against Edinburgh, in an international weekend when the Scots are worse hit than any, should fool nobody.

Ospreys like Leinster have a very winnable fixture list but there are 2 Welsh derbies amongst them which can be unpredictable so they may drop points along the way.

Then of course Ulster with just that Leinster game looking beyond us but of course other possible stumbles. I would hazard a Top 4 of:

1)Leinster
2)Ospreys
3)Munster
4)Ulster

A repeat of last seasons final is on the cards.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
ferrisisgod
Novice

Post by ferrisisgod »

Would be disappointed if we didnt collect 5 points against connaght at home!
I think the top 4 is very attainable, an away trip on the last day is nervy tho!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Gooner I think you have the four but in the wrong order.

1.Munster
2.Ospreys
3.Leinster
4.Ulster

Italians 5pts, Dragons 4pts, Glasgow 4pts, Scarlets 4pts, Leinster 0pts, Connacht 4pts, Dragons 4pts (6/7) :D

25pts out of remaining games?

C'Mon Ulster!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

darkside lightside wrote:
Big-al wrote:Ulster have got a few of blonde haired player nowadays and everyone of them had craicing games.
Gusher spent the entire match calling Spence Marshall and vice versa :)
Gusher's eyes have gone.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

SparkyClarky wrote:Gooner I think you have the four but in the wrong order.

1.Munster
2.Ospreys
3.Leinster
4.Ulster

Italians 5pts, Dragons 4pts, Glasgow 4pts, Scarlets 4pts, Leinster 0pts, Connacht 4pts, Dragons 4pts (6/7) :D

25pts out of remaining games?

C'Mon Ulster!!! :red: :red: :red:
Congratulations Sparky for getting under the skin of Mancini & sinking City to also rans for anothe year :cheers:

I'm interested to know how you think that Munster will top the table with their fixture list, to me they are the most likely of the "Big 3" to drop a load. I know they have a cushion but I can see them losing at least 3 times on the run in - home to Leinster & away to Ospreys & Cardiff.

I would be happy to see them top the table as we aren't likely to be higher than 4th.

Regarding Ulsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I think you have the right results but depending on conditions I think we will get more points. Dragons home on a good night is an opportunity as is Glasgow away in good conditions - 5pts away are like hens teeth I know but on a decent night we are good they are very poor this season and the Men form the West could finish above them.

Scarlets at home again weather dependant but they are a mess of a team who are there for a good kicking & Connacht at home is a regulation massacre even in our bad years.

Time will tell, the weather for Friday night is looking ok to give Aironi plenty.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

I seriously hope you guys have it right, but 8 points v Dragons, (who are next to us in the table with a game in hand), is a tall order. Other concern is state of Fir Park pitch, anyone else see it??? Wont suit us at all. (Unfortunately I have a meeting in Edinburgh on Friday morning of Glasgow, so will just have to head to Glasgee at lunchtime & have a swallee or two before heading to the mudbath. What a shame!!!)
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Glasgow are no mugs. I was looking at the Scottish team yesterday

16. Reserve Hooker was from Glasgow
3. Glasgow
4. Glasgow
5. Glasgow
7. Glasgow
8.Glasgow
10.Glasgow
11.Glasgow

They have Morrison and Cursitter (Scotlands 1st choice 12 and 9 out injured as well).

That shows how strong the Glasgow team will be
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I disagree Big-Al, our ulster team from Friday night would have beaten that Scotland team on Sunday.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

My prediction for the Top 4 is

Leinster 75 pts
Ospreys 72 pts
Munster 71 pts
Ulster 70 pts

Worked it out and then realised that it spelt LOMU. Spooky or what??
LTHG
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

lovesthehardground wrote:My prediction for the Top 4 is

Leinster 75 pts
Ospreys 72 pts
Munster 71 pts
Ulster 70 pts

Worked it out and then realised that it spelt LOMU. Spooky or what??
If we get within 1 point of Munster at the end of the season I will eat my shorts!

Al, spot on about Glasgow, always difficult at Firhill, particularly on boggy pitch. Whether or not we would have beaten Scotland on Friday is very doubtful, but also very irrelevant!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

jackthelad wrote:
darkside lightside wrote:
Big-al wrote:Ulster have got a few of blonde haired player nowadays and everyone of them had craicing games.
Gusher spent the entire match calling Spence Marshall and vice versa :)
Gusher's eyes have gone.
Poor aul Gusher. He knew it as well, when he came out with quote of the match for me:

"Well one of these young centres is going to have to dye his hair black cos they're going to be around for some time to come"
Meteor
Novice

Post by Meteor »

Top Four
Munster Two games in wales aside but expect them to get BP minimum in each . Cant see them troubled once the big guns are back Leinster game hard to call allot of wounded pride
Osprey or maybe third
Scarlets Story of the Magners so far
Leinster Not sure about this I can see Leicester taking them in the Heino how will they react maybe wheels will come of the wagon hopefully that is what will happen thus letting us back in for a visit to to team who have beaten us twice already this year not much of a prize.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

:stir:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999