Dragons win!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Dragons win!

Post by againstthehead »

Well, the dragons did us a favour - not even a losing BP for Cardiff!!!

However, what it does show is what a useful outfit the dragons are on their own turf. 28-15 final score!

Methinks a losing BP next week is a tough ask but if Llanelli stop Cardiff winning OR aironi stop the ospreys grabbing 4 tries then we're in the money.

A very good result today for Ulster.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Re: Dragons win!

Post by SparkyClarky »

Yes great result & well done Dragons. It will be a big ask to win next week but i just get the feeling we bottled against Leinster & Munster this year & the Welsh teams don't seem to hold the same fear for our players.

Scarlets will take the Blues at home. I still see Munster v Ospreys & Leinster v Ulster on my crystal ball.

Praying that we win with a bonus and Warriors get a draw next week and maybe we make a final?

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If we can't beat the Dragons away next week then we don't deserve to be in the semis.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

GREAT/CRAP

Great result. Crap, I was looking forward to watching it, assumed the game would be 7.05 ko - bugger. Oh.... I mean brilliant. :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
white37
Novice

Post by white37 »

Dave wrote:If we can't beat the Dragons away next week then we don't deserve to be in the semis.
Completely agree. I do think that although the Dragons played well enough, Cardiff were poor. Even with all of our injuries at the moment I hope that we have enough to get the win. Go on Ulster!!!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Dave wrote:If we can't beat the Dragons away next week then we don't deserve to be in the semis.
Now Dave I have keenly followed your posts to date and notice you only speak when it matters. That said I'm horrified by this one. Are you seriously saying that if we only get an away BP next week and finish 3rd or 4th, we will be undeserving semi-finalists ?

I never put much faith the standard old cliches but will go for "The table never lies" on this occasion.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

backawaygoonahead wrote:GREAT/CRAP

Great result. Crap, I was looking forward to watching it, assumed the game would be 7.05 ko - bugger. Oh.... I mean brilliant. :D
You ARE me!

I assumed it was tonight too.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Now Dave I have keenly followed your posts to date and notice you only speak when it matters. That said I'm horrified by this one. Are you seriously saying that if we only get an away BP next week and finish 3rd or 4th, we will be undeserving semi-finalists ?

I never put much faith the standard old cliches but will go for "The table never lies" on this occasion.
Let me, backawaygoonahead, clarify what I meant before my rep is tarnished beyond repair!!

I apologise for my lazy post. I didn't realise until I just checked that we only need a losing bp to qualify for the semis. I have been a little out of the loop recently so missed that one. Also what I was really hinting at was, if we are unable to win away against the dragons at this stage of the season, will we really be able to challenge Leinster/Munster for a place in the final? Of course I am writing this in the context of being embarrassed by said top 2 provines in Ireland already this season. I feel that this current Ulster squad owes it to themselves to really at least push the golden duo close in a semi if not be the victors. I am quietly confident, however, of a win next week for Ulster!!!

If we get the losing BP we definitely deserve the semi-final spot. I wouldn't want to suggest that one game would undermine the entire season.

Hope I have now amends :cheers:
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Despite what some would say I really do believe that we are clear favourites next week. Yes the dragons showed some good attacking, in particuarly from their 8 (who saved them from disaster at every scrum) and Bru. However, the blues were in reality very poor. Attack was ridiculously predictable from them, either Rush/Roberts would run straight, or the ball would go wide until there was no wide. Ulster's back line in comparison will give the dragons much more to think about with Humph and Piennar pulling the strings. And our scrum will have some degree of superiority despite who is fit.

Despite losing in Northampton the guys did not choke, and I dont expect them to here.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Dave wrote: Hope I have now amends :cheers:
Restored my faith entirely Dave :salut:

Eggs: well said Sir, I'm with you on all that. :cheers:

Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Agree--tough-do'able but should be an expected win for :red:

Dragons have beaten Munster at Home and won home/away against Ospreys. They have also lost away at Treviso.

In the ML they have played 10 home games and won 8--losing only to Leinster and Scarlets.
Away they have played 11, won 2 and drawn 1.

They are an attacking team that thrive on good possession--we will need to starve them of ball or we will be in for a very diffciult game...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Blues werepoor ok, but ngd played better than us in a lot of games this season. They would have beaten us if we d played them yesterday. Home team in white, fans in Santa hats and singing stand up ... it was more like the hill than Dave pd.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I'm kinda hoping they have a few tired legs while the week off should do our lads the power of good. Their attacking style may suit us in some ways.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:I'm kinda hoping they have a few tired legs while the week off should do our lads the power of good. Their attacking style may suit us in some ways.
We are always crap after a week off though.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

in fairness, we're usually pretty crap at the best of times ;)