Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Re: Injury Update

Post by Joe Schmo »

I thought he looked very up beat last night, fingers crossed for him & us there good news in the next couple if weeks.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Paddy Mac played 52min for the Ravens against the pirates. They got stuffed if you're interested 34 - 17. In other news, Mccomish got sin binned!

*edit* apologies, didn't realise you all had a British & Irish cup thread on the go, so most of this post is old news, sorry!
Last edited by Joe Schmo on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

IIRC He said on TV that he hoped to get it off soon and to be back on the pitch in Dec/early Jan.

Would be delighted if that really did come to pass and he was ok when took the field.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Muller, Nick8, Gilroy, Tommy, Afoa...............
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -1-5581770
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

think we may have to risk a couple of guys this week eg Afoa. This is the game that determines if we're going to top the group. It's all or nothing. Win this and we're potentially on for a home quarter. Lose it, and we'll be fighting to get through the back door. If Afoa can put in 60 mins then we don't really need him until rounds 5&6....
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Paddy Wallace ‏@paddywallace12 12 Oct
@DAVEWEIR9 bad injury, should be back before Christmas
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
silliwilli
Novice

Post by silliwilli »

Bart S wrote:IIRC He said on TV that he hoped to get it off soon and to be back on the pitch in Dec/early Jan.

Would be delighted if that really did come to pass and he was ok when took the field.
He'll be out of contract come January will he not? I thought he was supposed to prove his fitness before then?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

silliwilli wrote:
Bart S wrote:IIRC He said on TV that he hoped to get it off soon and to be back on the pitch in Dec/early Jan.

He'll be out of contract come January will he not? I thought he was supposed to prove his fitness before then?
I think once he's assessed to be fit enough to train again and pass whatever fitness tests they throw at him. He hasn't played rugby in a while so he'll have get himself match fit too. He'll have to pass fit to play again before the contract runs out.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

The IRFU gave him a contract in which time he must prove his fitness in order to regain his full-term Central Contract. As far as time-wise goes I would expect the IRFU to have sat down with Fez and his doctors for the contract talks and they would have talked about when he was likely to be back, then based the contract on when he was likely to be back and then give him a time period to prove his fitness in competitive fixtures, let's say a month.

From that we can deduce that if it was indeed a six-month contract then Fez is behind his recovery schedule as that gives him one, maybe two matches at best to prove his fitness in competitive fixtures which in my opinion isn't enough, presuming he is back in December as predicted. On the other hand, again provided he is back in December, the contract is until the end of January or sometime around then to give him four or five matches in which to prove himself. I don't think even the IRFU would be harsh enough to see him coming back in mid-December and only give him a contract until the end of that month to prove himself.

Remember, he's not in our HEC squad at the moment so he definitely won't play against Treviso, and unless he's added for the last two rounds, he won't play against Montpellier or Leicester either. So there's two, possibly four, games that he will miss out on.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Would think that should he bit fit to play it would be a no brainier that he is added to the squad
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

I hate to think thet Fez might get nudged put of his contract simply because he does not make some arbitrary date, set some time ago, to prove his fitness. He is a truly exceptional player. Maybe some forget, in his absence, just how outstanding he is. If it takes a few weeks beyond the original estimated date - so what. Better to play safe than rush him back into things if he's not 100%. I hope the powers that be see it this way too and that a great servant of Ulster/Ireland rugby will not be lost because of some parsimonious penny pinching by those who control the purse strings. In my book he's well worth whatever it takes. I want to see the big fella back in an Ulster shirt playing inspired rugby the way he used to.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:I hate to think thet Fez might get nudged put of his contract simply because he does not make some arbitrary date, set some time ago, to prove his fitness. He is a truly exceptional player. Maybe some forget, in his absence, just how outstanding he is. If it takes a few weeks beyond the original estimated date - so what. Better to play safe than rush him back into things if he's not 100%. I hope the powers that be see it this way too and that a great servant of Ulster/Ireland rugby will not be lost because of some parsimonious penny pinching by those who control the purse strings. In my book he's well worth whatever it takes. I want to see the big fella back in an Ulster shirt playing inspired rugby the way he used to.
Well said Spiffy, you can't just tie someone like that to a precise date and if there is evidence he will make it then a few short extensions should be made, within reason of course.
There may though be a deadline set by insurance which could render both our thoughts useless.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Rumour is that Afoa will be in the squad? Can it be true, Blackadder? Has MA forged a calf muscle from purest Green? :shock:
Exterminate all rational thought
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Rumour is that Afoa will be in the squad? Can it be true, Blackadder?
Is that a rumour or a question Ciman? Only two sleeps before we find out!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Joe Schmo wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Rumour is that Afoa will be in the squad? Can it be true, Blackadder?
Is that a rumour or a question Ciman? Only two sleeps before we find out!
Both- heard the rumour, and now askin the question, like. Has anyone heard anything to substantiate? Those on the inside track on here... :roll: :lol:
Twas on one of the news programmes, may've been Radio Free Ulsterrrrrrrrr, but they, like me, have been known to be wrong. :duh:
I'm all a quiver with anticipashun >bud
Exterminate all rational thought