Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Injury Update

Post by scrum5 »

ruckover wrote:I still find it bizarre the lack of trust we have in our Academy. Very few of them let us down when we bring them into the squad.
Empty headed coaches who appear to not have a Scooby, I honesty can't think of another reason.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Deraless wrote:After they left us Stanley played in the world cup for his country and Boys replaced McCaw for his Super Rugby franchise. Raymaker did at least get an outing for the Ravens so that was worthwhile.
The benefit of the Raymaaker debacle was that it give us AOC someone who clearly had been overlooked initially hence the reason to bring in the injuried kiwi only to unearth who has in my opinion put his hand up and is worthy of his place...

I might question why he was overlooked in the first instance...was it lack of faith from the coaches, did they simply not know what to look for or was the drive by an agent (who Raymaaker just happened to be on the books off) to get a player in.. either way AOC was sitting there all the time waiting for his chance...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Same can be said for Ross Kane
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Deraless wrote:After they left us Stanley played in the world cup for his country and Boys replaced McCaw for his Super Rugby franchise. Raymaker did at least get an outing for the Ravens so that was worthwhile.
The benefit of the Raymaaker debacle was that it give us AOC someone who clearly had been overlooked initially hence the reason to bring in the injuried kiwi only to unearth who has in my opinion put his hand up and is worthy of his place...

I might question why he was overlooked in the first instance...was it lack of faith from the coaches, did they simply not know what to look for or was the drive by an agent (who Raymaaker just happened to be on the books off) to get a player in.. either way AOC was sitting there all the time waiting for his chance...
I remember one of the coaches basically appearing surprised that AOC had done so well.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Just shows you that when you throw a young cub out there for the first time, they'll work their Brennan off to make sure it won't be the last time.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

austintranslation wrote:Just shows you that when you throw a young cub out there for the first time, they'll work their Brennan off to make sure it won't be the last time.

Yes................. much as that doesn't seem to have been enough for Dow. :scratch:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

scrum5 wrote:Same can be said for Ross Kane
Yes it can... the traits in my opinion are somewhat similar. We lose players to injury, we go into panic mode, we sign an injured player to come in and fill the gap, he doesn't play because he is injured and hey presto we had a guy all along in the academy who sticks his hand up and doesn't let the shirt down..

This trait is all too common it involves agents making money and players who never put on the white shirt getting a fare wage for feck all squared. Is this a small symptom of the problem yes I think it is there is something fundamentally wrong with the approach of some within the club.

Q: Would some consider that a senior member of UR is a business parter with a former ex player who is a players agent (maybe he isn't anymore) as a conflict.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
austintranslation wrote:Just shows you that when you throw a young cub out there for the first time, they'll work their Brennan off to make sure it won't be the last time.

Yes................. much as that doesn't seem to have been enough for Dow. :scratch:
And that's what has perplexed me.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Will we ever know how much money we p1ssed away on the Georgian Peckerwillie ? and I hope I never find out. There is clearly something wrong with UR, when they panic sign injured replacements, who make zero contribution to the squad.
If it happened in the private sector, dare say the head of HR would be left clutching his P45 in one hand and a box with his personal possessions in the other, as the door hits him squarely on the ar$e.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote:Will we ever know how much money we p1ssed away on the Georgian Peckerwillie ? and I hope I never find out. There is clearly something wrong with UR, when they panic sign injured replacements, who make zero contribution to the squad.
If it happened in the private sector, dare say the head of HR would be left clutching his P45 in one hand and a box with his personal possessions in the other, as the door hits him squarely on the ar$e.
If it happened in the public sector though the head of HR would get a promotion and a pay rise with a sideways shift to cover the mistake
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ah sure there's nobody works as hard as those poor buggers. Sure just look how many are forced to take lengthy breaks for stress leave.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

austintranslation wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

And that's what has perplexed me.
Yip, me too, seems bizarre. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Tighter End wrote:Will we ever know how much money we p1ssed away on the Georgian Peckerwillie ? and I hope I never find out. There is clearly something wrong with UR, when they panic sign injured replacements, who make zero contribution to the squad.
If it happened in the public sector though the head of HR would get a promotion and a pay rise with a sideways shift to cover the mistake
A the final promotion, a nice earner and the guy/gal is sidelined for evermore on a decent stipend. After all, it's not cricket to get rid of a chap/chapess, just promote them one step beyond their ability, then stick them in the broom cupboard but their account is handsomely remunerated on a monthly basis.

We've been saying for years here that something is not right at Spanners. I suspect that the current state of the rugby is deliberate to deflect attention from trifling matters such as a "preferred candidate" being given the nod ahead of interviews, committee persons and spouses bein treated like royalty, instead of committee men & doubtless various other things Cockers may make us aware of. :thumleft:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
A the final promotion, a nice earner and the guy/gal is sidelined for evermore on a decent stipend. After all, it's not cricket to get rid of a chap/chapess, just promote them one step beyond their ability, then stick them in the broom cupboard but their account is handsomely remunerated on a monthly basis.

We've been saying for years here that something is not right at Spanners. I suspect that the current state of the rugby is deliberate to deflect attention from trifling matters such as a "preferred candidate" being given the nod ahead of interviews, committee persons and spouses bein treated like royalty, instead of committee men & doubtless various other things Cockers may make us aware of. :thumleft:
Ah yes, the good old Peter Principle.

You are only ever promoted to your level of incompetence.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Any update on Ross Kane's knee. Looked serious and he seemed distraught.
Exterminate all rational thought