Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Injury Update

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:John Deysel .... One of Marcels old mates. Wait till you see who we get if we're allowed .... Mike McComish anyone?
Need someone who is already injured, tis the Ulster way you know only to hire injured injury replacements.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Paul Emerick hopefully
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Can we get Gavin Pfister again, just so I can snigger at the Q Chube.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tim Boys?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

launish116 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
launish116 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
launish116 wrote:I thought it was pretty obvious from the tv when the physio was telling him he was to stay on his disbelief, you could see the awkward pause & look. He looked very unimpressed & I can't blame him.
Are you also a man with expertise in Feng Shui by any chance, perhaps you volunteer as a lip reader for the mutt & geoff? Perhaps you have the uncanny ability to communicate with horses and cattle from just seeing them on TV?

I do not accept for one minute that a physio would tell any player, you have to stay on. Nonsense.
Without responding to the waffle above on my assumption or skills. It doesn't take a genius to read a situation or body language, the tv coverage clearly shows Marcell wasn't overly happy in the response to carry on.

Obviously I mean the Physio didn't make the decision but he was the one who passed on the message, and you could clearly see the awkward pause after that response.
So you read into the pause what you wish, meanwhile as an alternative view, how would you feel about considering the possibility that the discussion included information to and listening to a response from the coaching box? I'm assuming that didn't occur to you, eh? Really doesn't sound that far fetched when you think about it does it?

Try this purely as an alternative scenario:

- 9th minute, injury occurs, initially he gets up and tries to shake off the hit.

- 10.45 camera cuts to see him already being treated as Zebre prepare to kick a penalty. We do not know what had already passed between the player and physio at this stage. You can see the mic on the physio's top and they are manipulating & talking until camera cuts away at 11.04

- 11.22 the camera returns to Marcell, we now have two guys in attendance, neither of whom I could identify. Now it's pretty clear that the talking has been done and the medics are preparing to leave the scene, Marcell says something to them and within 10 seconds Marcell gets up off the floor.

- 11.46 he is seen jogging back towards the Ulster line and he looks fairly comfortable, it's not a hobble.

Now the camera was not on him all the time, it's fair to say we have no idea what passed between player, medic & coaches.

aka Your making it up as you go along, we simply don't know.

Now I'm not suggesting that saying he should have been taken off is wrong, in hindsight it's madness he wasn't, I'm simply saying that you are putting 2 + 2 and none of us know the answer, as it occurred sometimes in shot, sometime out of shot and I would bet Ron'n's life that Marcell wanted to continue.
Gee's Baggy your taking this the wrong way, as you say I'm entitled to read things how I like. Maybe if you had of shown your rational like you have above rather than the waffle after my first post we could of grasped your logic, which I find is very reasonable and well thought out all the same. Although the patronising tone is not required, I may not have the inner knowledge you do or even close to the rugby knowledge. Regardless I read the situation as I saw, and some others have suggested the same. My first thoughts were marcel was not happy with the response to play on.
Launish, let's be clear, you assumed an awful lot with only bits and pieces of what transpired, so just as you are entitled to you thoughts, on a wee forum populated by the opinionated, admittedly few more than me, I'm equally entitled to tell you that I consider it preposterous.

In any event, every time there is a serious injury at Ulster we have a clamour to blame our physios and or medics. Normally people judge it from what they see on TV, which as I pointed out missed two significant chunks of the discourse between player and physio.

You may consider yourself unfortunate that I am on a campaign to rid the world of ill-advised pontification and always start from the point of view that I'm seldom wrong. I understand this can get under people's skin but trust me, it's for the greater good of all & some collateral damage is regrettable but hard to avoid.

Let's put it behind us, sleep well. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Nothing whatsoever to verify either that the TV showing was in real time. It could have been a miss mash, shooting back 10-15 then next shot real time etc. Tis the art work of the director. Far too many unknowns.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If only someone to the calibre of Sergio Parisse or Willem Alberts were available as a medical joker. Their current club would have to agree of course. :duck:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Nothing whatsoever to verify either that the TV showing was in real time. It could have been a miss mash, shooting back 10-15 then next shot real time etc. Tis the art work of the director. Far too many unknowns.
You've rumbled it ...... he was actually injured in the last match ....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Nothing whatsoever to verify either that the TV showing was in real time. It could have been a miss mash, shooting back 10-15 then next shot real time etc. Tis the art work of the director. Far too many unknowns.
You've rumbled it ...... he was actually injured in the last match ....
Could explain why he was wearing a Sharks jersey in one of the clips, bet someone can come up with a logical reason for even that one.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What's Sean Doyle at?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:What's Sean Doyle at?
Injured.... of course he is

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-fan.html

Hopefully still concussed from 1F slapping him about.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:What's Sean Doyle at?
Injured.... of course he is

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-fan.html

Hopefully still concussed from 1F slapping him about.
You stay slapped after 1F chops you.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

That really needs to be NSFW :puker:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Payne looked very uncomfortable for most of that game. Seemed to have back problems.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jackthelad wrote:Payne looked very uncomfortable for most of that game. Seemed to have back problems.
Kidney?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk