Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Silverstu
Initiate

Re: Injury Update

Post by Silverstu »

Aird wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:00 pm Tread well or Alan Ocnnnor are interchangeable but like you I feel AOC has a bit more of dog in him and makes him a better starter. There is also Rea’s not so wee brother who could feature.
If they can get ahead of steam up early on against Connacht it could be a good time to try some of the youngsters as the remaining matches will not be easy. In theory there is a home fixture at stake in these matches but being behind closed doors it is not so relevant now.
Will be inter3ting to see how EPCR will negotiate the quarantine regulations. I suppose if the Republic are letting in there fellow Euro members then we could play at the Aviva but knowing our luck we won’t be able to travel and will have to forfeit the game. With Northampton at home to a French Team the.Gallagher League would be happy with this. It will be up to the IRFU to fight our corner and you couldn’t put too much faith in that.
Yeah I'd forgotten about Marcus Rea- could feature and Faddes as well. I think I read McFarland say that if they can get the win against Connacht that might let them rotate a bit- seems sensible, we are going to need to build more depth this season. Hopefully the likes of Stewart Moore see more gametime too. I guess the team will be named tomorrow, interested to see if Madigan appears and what they do with Lowry, we definitely play better with another playmaker in the backs.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Silverstu wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:30 am
Cracker wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:38 am Any guesses what the team for Sunday will be with all the injuries we have ?
Moore
Herring
McGrath
AoC
Carter
Rea
Murphy
Coetzee
Cooney
Burns
McCloskey
Marshall
Lyttle
Stockdale
Ludik

Bench might be interesting

McBurnley
O'Toole
O'Sullivan/Milasinovich
Treadwell
Timony [McCann?]
Mathewson
Lowry/Madigan
Hume/Gilroy/McIlroy

They'll probably stick to regulars without blooding any of the youngsters off the bench at this stage, Mathewson definitely there, the other back three replacements -who knows, Madigan's experience or Lowry's promise- and Lowry has been prominent in press recently, they both cover 10/15 maybe allowing Hume on the bench. Not sure on Gareth Milasinovich, our two young tyros have been excellent largely. Timony will probably get the nod, but McCann looks to be something special and is a big lad.
All that assuming that Carter and Rea are both fit and ready.

Not think a new Thread for this as it being our first match for so long.
It is certainly very quiet around here at the moment.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

It's been quiet since Paddy and Stuart were let go.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

And tappytalk was ditched.
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Or it's the fact we haven't had a game in 6 months!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

AOC and Hume undergoing RTPP. Herring expected back after failing pre game fitness test on Sunday
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jordi Murphy undergoing RTPP after suffering concussion. Stockdale and McCloskey suffered "contusions" and will be monitored during the week.

What is a contusion?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm Jordi Murphy undergoing RTPP after suffering concussion. Stockdale and McCloskey suffered "contusions" and will be monitored during the week.

What is a contusion?
bruising
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm Jordi Murphy undergoing RTPP after suffering concussion. Stockdale and McCloskey suffered "contusions" and will be monitored during the week.

What is a contusion?
As in a number of Ulster fans suffered contusions during the arduous away trip to Clermont.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:20 am

What is a contusion?
As in a number of Ulster fans suffered contusions during the arduous away trip to Clermont.
"Confusions" maybe? Does a professional rugby player ever finish a game without "contusions"?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ian Humphreys.

Unless he kicked it particularly hard.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:53 am Ian Humphreys.

Unless he kicked it particularly hard.
Funny. I thougjt of iHump as I was typing that 😊
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Congratulations to the whole squad; never had any doubts. Any news on the long-term injured? Has John Cooney still to get his mojo back? Faddes?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Cooney's box kicking has been way off for a while. His passing was ropey and I thought his delivery was a bit slow. The problem is if you don't start him who will kick, unless Madigan starts. A few permutations for big Dan to muse over.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Small sample size but Billy hasn’t missed many.

Box kicking isn’t the strongest aspect of Cooney’s game and my impression is that it’s an option we’re increasing taking.

That said, Alby is less likely to run the length of the pitch for a try and I don’t think chucking a guy into a final for his first start is necessarily wise. It certainly doesn’t send out the right signals.