Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Injury Update

Post by justinr73 »

Started at loosehead in the January A team game against Leinster.
Last edited by justinr73 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Excellent information, thank you. I have to make the obvious comment that this record is hardly inspiring and makes the renewal of his contract difficult to understand. Am I missing something?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:54 pm Excellent information, thank you. I have to make the obvious comment that this record is hardly inspiring and makes the renewal of his contract difficult to understand. Am I missing something?
Current prop contract situation:

Unsure - Ross Kane, Kyle McCall

2022 - Tom O’Toole, Jack McGrath, Marty Moore, Eric O’Sullivan

2023 - Andrew Warwick, Gareth Milasinovich, Callum Reid
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

An embarrassment of riches. Maybe not. Is Joeli Veitayaki available? Same weight as Milasinovich. Apologies for misspellings of his name.
Last edited by for dog and ulcer on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

There are not many 20st props around so big G will be given time. He had a bad knee injury and these big lads take a lot longer to get into match shape than a backline player. Some never do.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He’s a big lad who plays both sides of the scrum so handy enough to have around, especially when it’s unclear which, or how many, props Farrell is likely to draw out of his beanie.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You can never have enough tight heads so if Dan rates him he should be kept. Otherwise you have to hunt for another IQ tight head while Munster sign him and he turns into a worldie.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pm You can never have enough tight heads so if Dan rates him he should be kept. Otherwise you have to hunt for another IQ tight head while Munster sign him and he turns into a worldie.
Correct Dave
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Rumours Kyle McCall is retiring and Kane would be backup to the backups so when you reach that level, and need to cut numbers, someone who can play both sides is more likely to be retained.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

So the question marks remain Faddes and McBurney ?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:27 pm There are not many 20st props around so big G will be given time. He had a bad knee injury and these big lads take a lot longer to get into match shape than a backline player. Some never do.

Nail on head.

Covers both sides of the scrum.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:27 pm There are not many 20st props around so big G will be given time. He had a bad knee injury and these big lads take a lot longer to get into match shape than a backline player. Some never do.

Nail on head.

Covers both sides of the scrum.
That's great. We have had props who covered neither side of the scrum.
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

any update on our Bull Marcel ?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Have not heard a thing. I only hope for his sake if it's bad news that the bulls look after him.
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

Marcel out for the foreseeable it seems

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/coetzee-up ... y-setback/

However, as a positive, Coetzee’s latest setback will not require an operation, meaning that there is a chance he could still prove his fitness in the Rainbow Cup.

‘This is obviously not something that someone wants to overcome,’ Coetzee told Sunday newspaper Rapport. ‘But I am very positive that I will be ready by mid-June, depending on how the recovery process goes.

‘I will play a few games in the Rainbow Cup. That way I can throw my name into the hat [for Springbok selection].

‘I have had a similar injury to my left leg. With good rehabilitation and rest, it will recover nicely.’
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.