Mark Anscombe

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ulster throw in
Initiate

Re: Mark Anscombe

Post by Ulster throw in »

breakdown wrote:
Ulster throw in wrote:Break out - What will Gary be doing then .... since you have it all worked out??
I never said I had it worked out but i'm just guessing...

Longwell will probably still be working with the academy though, McGlocks will be above him though.
Do you reckon Gary knows that? :stir:
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ulster throw in wrote:Break out - What will Gary be doing then .... since you have it all worked out??
Ah, glad to see you back John, tales of your latest death were obviously in error. :wink:

Some were almost celebrating you know but I entered a note of disappointment I'm sure you will be gratified to hear. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Out of interest did he have a successful playing career?
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

Never mind the Da, the son looks very promising for the long awaited partner for Saint Ruan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nczIzt4AdQc
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Tenyarder wrote:Never mind the Da, the son looks very promising for the long awaited partner for Saint Ruan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nczIzt4AdQc
If we can get him that is, and I sincerely hope we do.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Well I doubt his sons coming over but if he came over on the 1st of June, and started playing at an AIL club immediately, and MA is resigned to stay for 3 years would Gareth be allowed to gain residency to become IQ or does he need to play for Ulster do gain residency?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

breakdown wrote:Well I doubt his sons coming over but if he came over on the 1st of June, and started playing at an AIL club immediately, and MA is resigned to stay for 3 years would Gareth be allowed to gain residency to become IQ or does he need to play for Ulster do gain residency?
AIL club would be a bit of a step down since he starts v Bulls this weekend
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

With Wannenburg's future still in limbo is it possible Anscombe will say, "Get rid of him and bring in my son." Knowing our 10 problems and the fact we've just signed Wilson, it could be a possibility. And it did say on the UR site that he's bringing his three sons to NI, so that may include Gareth too.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Gareth Anscombe is only starting as a replacement for young Hobbs as he's with his very sick father, the legendry All Black Jock Hobbs.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:With Wannenburg's future still in limbo is it possible Anscombe will say, "Get rid of him and bring in my son." Knowing our 10 problems and the fact we've just signed Wilson, it could be a possibility. And it did say on the UR site that he's bringing his three sons to NI, so that may include Gareth too.
Thought he had 2 sons and a daughter :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Rooster wrote:
ruckover wrote:With Wannenburg's future still in limbo is it possible Anscombe will say, "Get rid of him and bring in my son." Knowing our 10 problems and the fact we've just signed Wilson, it could be a possibility. And it did say on the UR site that he's bringing his three sons to NI, so that may include Gareth too.
Thought he had 2 sons and a daughter :scratch:
Meant to say children, not sons. My mistake :oops:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Mark Anscombe

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

His son (the Auckland pivot) is an adult. A grown man.

He can probably live in Auckland without his folks around.

I mean, come on. For instance, just cos david humphreys is the king of ulster rugby doesn't mean members of his family get to play for ulster...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Two things I can confirm about Anscombe junior, 1) he shares my birthday 2) he was not born in Ireland when his Da coached Old Wesley but is an Auckland boy.

OK good things come in threes so:

3) Am I alone in thinking that people, who had never heard of his Da before this very morning, who suddenly are ranting idiotically about how great it would be if his son came to play for Ulster, are stoooooooooopid?

And all this based on a YaChubeYe clip. FFS guys grow the feck up.

Anyway in the equation: DOR's Bro'er + HC's nipper = no change and another kid in the hopeful column
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Two things I can confirm about Anscombe junior, 1) he shares my birthday 2) he was not born in Ireland when his Da coached Old Wesley but is an Auckland boy.

OK good things come in threes so:

3) Am I alone in thinking that people, who had never heard of his Da before this very morning, who suddenly are ranting idiotically about how great it would be if his son came to play for Ulster, are stoooooooooopid?

And all this based on a YaChubeYe clip. FFS guys grow the feck up.

Anyway in the equation: DOR's Bro'er + HC's nipper = no change and another kid in the hopeful column
Back to the drawing board then :(
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Have a mate who coaches one of the top school sides in Auckland. Doesn't rate the guy much and reckons UR could have done better.

Time will tell...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'