Only Dowie Morris gives us a chance

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Only Dowie Morris gives us a chance

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

I've not spent a lot of time stressing about the possibility of us losing up to now. Considering where we were 3 years ago, just getting to the Hec final is a result in itself. And now it seems Ulster players are getting a chance for some international recognition with 12 out of the 22 for the Baa Baas. I've always felt that we could force Leinster to be at their best to beat us so we were in with a shout if things went our way. Getting beaten by the best team in Europe at the minute is not something shameful (getting beaten by Treviso at home is).

However, I'm getting mighty tired of this best team in the history of the world garbage that appears to be flowing out of Dublin. We dont even get a mention in Hugh Farrelly's latest masterpiece

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/h ... 11104.html

Now, I really hope we destroy them. Destroy them in the scrum, with Court shoving Mike Ross's fat over-rated head back down to his fat Brennan. And in the ruck I want to see Muller twist Cullen like a pipe cleaner and Ferris uses SOB as a doormat. Finally, I really hope Cave hit's O'Driscoll so hard you can hear it from the second tier (which is where I'll be).

No one gave us a chance at Thomond.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Only Dowie Morris gives us a chance

Post by ColinM »

Given that article mentions the words Trevor and Brennan in one sentence I recommend the good folks of the UAFC do not click on it or read it, or indeed buy the paper.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The best thing about that article was the comments from MunsterMicko who is clearly an idiot and the Leinsterfan after him who is an even bigger idiot. Leinsterfan wants everyone to support Leinster because they are Irish. Has he forgotten who the other team in the final is.

FFS I can tolerate a lot but morons are hard to stomach.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I know a lot of guys who say "We're in the final, we're great, that's it."

NO.

We're here to win. Why stop here? Some may say we aren't good enough yet. Maybe we're not. But if the 15 go out and play as well as they possibly can, and can hold their heads up high after the game, then I will be proud to be an Ulsterman on Saturday, no matter what the scoreline.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Boot
Novice

Post by Boot »

Aye we are going there as underdogs,we are going there to make up the numbers,ha let me tell you we will dig deep,we will look at the opposition and think we will not step back we will go on the front step and we will pi$h thru them,

reminds me of this old clip,when the chips are down dig deep and rise to the occasion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzKr_uP6lAg
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Shan wrote:The best thing about that article was the comments from MunsterMicko who is clearly an idiot and the Leinsterfan after him who is an even bigger idiot. Leinsterfan wants everyone to support Leinster because they are Irish. Has he forgotten who the other team in the final is.

Saw that, they are to be pitied more than anything, tools the pair of them :roll:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Shan wrote:The best thing about that article was the comments from MunsterMicko who is clearly an idiot and the Leinsterfan after him who is an even bigger idiot. Leinsterfan wants everyone to support Leinster because they are Irish. Has he forgotten who the other team in the final is.

Saw that, they are to be pitied more than anything, tools the pair of them :roll:
Oh come on! Lighten up. I quite like laughing at them.

It's like the Nolan Show. I'm convinced the "popularity" has got nothing to do with him. It's that people like to laugh at the tubes that ring in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally, I find it amazing that some of the callers could actually work the phone to ring in.
Trust me LK, I laughed at it - A LOT. They are still tools though, just like half the numpters that call into Nolan.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Really scary bit is when one of them turns out to have been an MLA. :roll:
There is potential for a few of the others to be MLA's as well though :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Who or what is Nolan? :scratch:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

isleofwighter wrote:Who or what is Nolan? :scratch:
Opinionated bloke from Norn Iron that has his own radio and TV shows and thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Last night i had the unfortunate experience of seeing the first 5 minutes of his TV show before I got up and turned him off. he was discussing sectarianism still being alive and well in Norn Iron (that's a surprise and a half). When I say "discuss" what that means is he states his opinion, and if anyone disagrees, he talks them down, tells them they're wrong/stupid or even just cuts them off if they've phoned in.

He had David Ford (Alliance party) and someone else on to discuss this, but took 5 minutes to castigate the DUP and SF for not sending someone on to his show to debate this "serious issue" - along the lines of how dare they fail to take this issue in anything but a serious way? As the two biggest parties in NI, they had an obligation to come on his show to address these matters and put them right.

It probably never occurred to him that (not that I wish to defend our local politicos - idiots) appearing on his show where he whips up the extremes just for the benefit of his ratings, (nothing to do with reasoned debate) would achieve nothing ......... other than to ......... drive up his ratings and let him convoince himself even more what a fine and important chap he is. :roll:

Ashton!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Got it.....Thanks chaps, ........ I'm visualizing Jeremy Kyle post pies...............
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

You have got Nolan to a Tee. A portly selfish Mummys boy from Nth Belfast who has not much in the way of IQ or empathy for the subject matter and is completely self obsessed. Surely the Beeb can do better...........
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
greenfield
Novice

Post by greenfield »

First time that I watched that Nolan show and I did the same thing after five minutes got up switched off and went to bed. It is the BBC problem with Paxman and QT, no intelligent debate at all. Having said that Kelvin was quite amusing last night.
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

Eddie O'Sullivan backed Ulster last night on Newstalk.
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

greenfield wrote:First time that I watched that Nolan show and I did the same thing after five minutes got up switched off and went to bed. It is the BBC problem with Paxman and QT, no intelligent debate at all. Having said that Kelvin was quite amusing last night.
Yes, in a fascist scumbaggy sort of way. The man is a poorman's Jeremy Clarkson & to be that you need to get very very low indeed.

By the way I'm very happy to hear there are a few old fashioned gents who still "get up" to turn off the TV. The old ways....eh?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.