UAFC Changes

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

colinh
Lord Chancellor

Re: UAFC Changes

Post by colinh »

Good luck and goodbye.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Latest version of Tapatalk enabled.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

And working too :-)
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Quite a bit of information has now been lost,which imho would lead to the point, why post information when you know at some stage down the line that what you are posting could be deleted , eg I have managed to find info in relation to the new scrum laws,which I was going to post in the scrummaging section sadly that thread has gone,but I could start a new thread but won't now as this hard work could be wiped out in a future restructure of the forum.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
bootlaced wrote:Quite a bit of information has now been lost,which imho would lead to the point, why post information when you know at some stage down the line that what you are posting could be deleted , eg I have managed to find info in relation to the new scrum laws,which I was going to post in the scrummaging section sadly that thread has gone,but I could start a new thread but won't now as this hard work could be wiped out in a future restructure of the forum.
Aye, it's probably best that you keep that stuff to yourself Boot. I mean why would you bother? No sense in posting anything now in case fermain and the people who give up their spare time dare to improve the site and your "hard work" is wasted. :lol:

So what,the forum is there for people to give information,analysis,and to lesser degree provide a resource that other people can avail of,the new forum has discarded a brad pitt load of information that will be lost,ultimately if one wants to give up their spare time that should be recognised,but if they want to encourage other opinions then maybe just maybe they should at least give those people who engage in the forum a say,
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Boot the forum gets updated every couple of years. By that time the scrum laws will have changed again anyway.
Fermain does one heck of a job providing this facility so that opinionated galoots like us can post inane drivel to out heart’s content. I for one will not criticise the manner in which he provides it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I am a bit gutted as no one believed me after the game that I fancied our chances against the all blacks this morning, so I went to pull my my late night post on the summer tour thread to that effect to prove my critics wrong.
It was nowhere to be found and I looked a right twot saying that it was there and now its gone and I dont understand this etc.
Of course I would not believe me either given the same circumstances!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

FFS! It's not like we've lost the Magna Carta or the Dead Sea Scrolls here :lol:

Re: site costs. Is there a donations option on this board? Haven't seen one.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote: Snipe? Did you not used to be someone else? :wink:
Still am...........it's all very confusing. :shock:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Well I just took a big swig of you-know-what, sometimes the prescribed two spoons isn’t enough. That did the job and Snipe was born.
uafcadmin
Novice

Post by uafcadmin »

WELL, we did explain on another thread why there is some missing data, and we do apologise for that. We're not professional metadata analysts, but we try our best. The fact is, our forum software is continually evolving, and we need to continually make updates, all behind the scenes of course, and we have pretty much maintained the integrity of the data over the years.

You may or may not know this but phpBB 3.1.0 is brewing. The reason why this is important is because it comes with some significant changes to the phpBB code base which would requiring php 5.3.
phpBB will use some components of symfony2, namely, the event dispatcher, and will spot an extension system. It's pretty much a completely new platform, but it's some time in the future.

The previous version of this message board is still around, so if anyone wants copies of data, just let us know, we can even bring back specific posts if required [even as proof bazz :wink: ], we just can't reconcile them into the new database schema.
"Remember lads, there's no retreat. No more talk now. Just make peace with yourselves." :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:I am a bit gutted as no one believed me after the game that I fancied our chances against the all blacks this morning, so I went to pull my my late night post on the summer tour thread to that effect to prove my critics wrong.
It was nowhere to be found and I looked a right twot saying that it was there and now its gone and I dont understand this etc.
I would just like to say I rememeber your post Bazzaj. I replied to it in fact with something about hope which that langer LKOTP and Snipe and possibly Grumps(Bad things always come in threes :D ) had their usual sneer at. Dirty feckers the lot of them.

>TH >TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I think that post came just after mine saying that we'd be drawing with a few mins to go and a drop goal may be the clincher ;-)
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Shan wrote:
bazzaj wrote:I am a bit gutted as no one believed me after the game that I fancied our chances against the all blacks this morning, so I went to pull my my late night post on the summer tour thread to that effect to prove my critics wrong.
I would just like to say I rememeber your post Bazzaj. I replied to it in fact with something about hope which that langer LKOTP and Snipe and possibly Grumps(Bad things always come in threes :D ) had their usual sneer at. Dirty feckers the lot of them.

>TH >TH
Shan you are my new best friend! :thumleft:
Didnt see the responses which I was really looking forward to gloating about for the next year or two.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Why do I keet getting tapatalk pop ups how do I stop this or do I have to buy the app
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”