New Jersey defects

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

davejohnston
Initiate

New Jersey defects

Post by davejohnston »

Just collected my new jersey today. Got it home and was annoyed to find a few defects on it (red stitch on part that should be white, and a few loose threads on each sleeve). Did I just happen to get a bad one, or has anyone else had problems with the quality of there jersey ? Needless to say I'll be returning it tomorrow.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Re: New Jersey defects

Post by darkside lightside »

actually funny you should mention it, the younger brother picked up a new home jersey, which looks the part and everything, but I noticed that the quality of the stitching on the neck was rubbish.. as it happens I think he was charged the supporter jersey price for the test shirt, so probably would be a bit rich to complain :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I noticed that the (poly/)cotton replica shirt is very light material in comparison to previous shirts and even kukri's other cotton shirts (some of which I really like). Little more than a glorified T-shirt and def not worth the asking price.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave - are you suggesting that the entire population of the state have been soviet agents all this time?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

What, like Snookie?
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Had a gander at one in store today, wont be buying. As BR says its too light, in fact so much so its see through. And i know the value of sponsors to the club but they seem to have super sized all the logos to the point its all a bit much.

Black/charcoal model looks nice.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

My jersey from last year is pretty heavy. It must be the kohilo(?) one but Ive no idea what the other version is meant to be like.

Ill def take a closer look before buying the new one.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Prefer the lighter material personally. Hate the stiff Cotton/polyester of the previous Canterbury and Kukri shirts.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:Had a gander at one in store today, wont be buying. As BR says its too light, in fact so much so its see through. And i know the value of sponsors to the club but they seem to have super sized all the logos to the point its all a bit much.

Black one looks good and should work nicely with stout and beer stains :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
ColinM wrote:Had a gander at one in store today, wont be buying. As BR says its too light, in fact so much so its see through. And i know the value of sponsors to the club but they seem to have super sized all the logos to the point its all a bit much.

Black one looks good and should work nicely with stout and beer stains :thumleft:
If we don't have the stains down our white shirt, how will we know how many days we've been away? Recipe for missing flight home IMHO.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:My jersey from last year is pretty heavy. It must be the kohilo(?) one but Ive no idea what the other version is meant to be like.

Ill def take a closer look before buying the new one.
There's 3 versions of the white shirt.

There's the playing grade one which is skin tight, etc; there's the kohilololololo one which is a looser replica; and there's the polycotton 'supporters' version whis is the best material (IMHO), but this is so light, it's just a Tshirt really.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

according to google, the biggest problems with New Jersey are taxes and unemployment
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:

Don't talk for two seconds either side of a swig and during the swig and your spillage will virtually vanish.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Yoda wrote:according to google, the biggest problems with New Jersey are taxes and unemployment
LOL
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AyeYerMa wrote:What, like Snookie?
Aye, I heard she's signed up with TOWIE. But I was thinking more like Cynthia Murphy form Montclair.
www.stoutboys.co.uk