Night with Big Wullie

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Must be "half a scrum" either that or he holds the record for the largest scrum half ever :lol:
Are there still doors on Madisons :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He appears to be quite normal with doors that open easily it's just the locked variety that seem to cause problems :wink: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster - the General left early something to do with his wife wanting him back before 9.30pm. He was even offered a lift should he wanted to have stayed but declined.

As for Willie, as always a straightforward guy who knew what it meant to pull on the white shirt and die for it. Slightly nervous I have to say but Ulsters loss IMHO due to one man I suspect.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Willie ranks up there with the best of them, perhaps a bit too outspoken for some peoples liking but would inspire any bunch of players to play beyond their limits. Sorry I was unable to attend last night.
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Yeah, sounds a good night - disappointed I wasn't able to make it. I've always been one of his supporters and can't believe he wouldn't have contributed a lot to Ulster.
General Prom
Novice

Post by General Prom »

Hi Guys

Just to say thanx for the grand evening with "Oor Wullie" forthright and honest with an in depth knowledge of our game at all levels & angles. Just a shame he's wasted, at least to us.

BTW you lot....... Larger people have feelings too you know. :twisted:

Regards

The General.
Oh Gawd!! I wish I was still playing Scrum Half.....
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

General I can concur that larger people have feelings but they also have broad shoulders. The good thing about last night was that no doors were harmed during the event.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Not enough real hard players coming through, players in the academy being told that you are the cream from an early age before they even have played any senior rugby. Lack of real leadership in some quarters.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

In othert quaters I use a different name

But I liked the respect he showed to jimmy D at much underrated and very advanced thinker about the game at all levels

Whilst leadership is a problem alot of the responsiblity rests with the coaches at school and junior levels who dictate how the game is to be played without the players having to think for themselves

i.e they tell the players the type of game to play instead of how to play - the skills-- and let them apply those skills to the game that develops thus removing much of the responiblity for the result from the players to the coach .

When the players have responsiblity then they think and try whereas when the coach has the responsiblity then - then its we tried --but its your fault
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Good post bogboy. Jimmy D was thinking deeply and innovatively about this game way ahead of his time. He scared the pants offf both the blazers in the IRFU and indeed a lot of the players on the Ireland team. You also make a valid point about kids and how rugby is taught in our schools particuarly from medallion and upwards.
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

excellent night

well done to the URSC

and thanks to willie and gusher

looking forward to the march event already
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Cheers Freddie,

See you at 2BU on the Ides of March. Don't forget your toga - I see the knives are out again!

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Surely you'll see him on the V Nones of March kimble!

Honestly, don't they teach you anything at Brownies?