Is this true?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Re: Is this true?

Post by darkside lightside »

My good grief. I don't even know what to say..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Shocked, stunned and deeply saddened by this tragic news. My thoughts are with the Spence family at this time.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Skyhawk
Novice

Post by Skyhawk »

Absolutely horrible news to hear of Nevin Spence, his brother and his Dad. Devastating for their family, friends and everyone connected to them. May they rest in peace. Our prayers and thoughts are with their sister and family.
horse
Novice

Post by horse »

dreadful news-what a talent and what a heart.

RIP nev and sympathies are with his family and friends.
Last edited by horse on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Truly tragic news.
A brilliant young player and a sad loss for Irish rugby.
My thoughts are with his sister and his mother at this terrible time..
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Not sure what to say. Words seems a but meaningless at the minute. Totally devastated for the family. unbelievable - it really is.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

very sorry to hear about the sad news of the passing of nevin spence, brother and his father....has some posters have put up here "words are lost at times like this" once again guys very sorry to hear about this.
i love munching Leeks....Image
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Cant get me head around this.
Had to reread the text several times I got as I thought it was some form of a joke.
Just stunned.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I think the fact that supporters from Munster, Leinster, Connacht, Saints etc. are coming on and posting their condolences just shows what a popular and well-liked guy he was. Thanks guys.

RIP Nevin Spence - gone but never forgotten.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Terrible, terrible news... Sitting here with tears in my eyes.

Incredible that he touched so many lives and he was only 22.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

absolutely terrible news, my heart goes out to his mother, sister and remaining family. to lose three of your own like that is utterly crushing.

was in shock when I heard the news last night, it was the top story on Yorkshire Radio. Nevin was such a promising player and brought great hope whenever he burst onto the scene. Some of his finishing was superbly creative. The words that have come in about him already show how highly he was thought of by the rugby fraternity.

all I can think of at the moment is him bulling PJ over the line v Connacht last season, and his try against Bath (?) two or three years back where he essentially pulled a headstand to get the ball over the line. A tremendous loss to Ulster Rugby and again ym thgouths are with his remaning family.
shizlebot
Novice

Post by shizlebot »

Very sad news. Our thoughts are with the family and Ulster Rugby.

From Sharon (Northampton Saints)
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

No words can ease their pain but my love and thoughts are with the Spence family at this time.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

I remember hearing great things about this kid spence coming up through the age grade ranks, and checking out his profile on the academy site, and thinking to myself, is it really this kid they're talking about?? It was just a head-shot and his face looked so young! Then a couple of years back mike and I went up to Worcester for a pre-season game, I think it may have been his first start - he played on the left wing, and I realised that what you couldn't see in the academy pic was that the angelic boyish face was on top of a stocky powerful body, which seemed to go from a standing start to very fast in no time at all... He played well and his break and offload set up one of the tries..

I was a huge fan ever since..

I just can't get over this, and it may be speculation at this stage, but the suggested sequence of events (I.e. people get in trouble rescuing dog) is all too believable to me - something very similar nearly happened a cousin of mine, he went into a pit after a dog, and felt himself fading out, but luckily my uncle was on hand to take him out...

It's like Jackie said, I didnt know Nevin, I bumped into him once in the foyer of a hotel on an away trip and said hello, but today it feels like I've lost a mate.. I'm not much of a cryer, but the corners of my eyes have been pricking all morning as I've read the threads.. I can't even begin to imagine how the family must be, I only hope Emma pulls through..

:(
Last edited by darkside lightside on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden