Cardiff MOTM

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who was your Cardiff MOTM

J Payne
9%
T Bowe
1%
M Allen
1%
D Cave
3%
A Trimble
No votes
P Jackson
16%
P Marshall
1%
T Court
1%
N Brady
No votes
J Afoa
No votes
N McComb
1%
D Tuohy
3%
I Henderson
6%
C Henry
6%
N Williams
45%
R Herring
1%
C Black
No votes
A Macklin
No votes
L Stevenson
No votes
M McComish
No votes
M Heaney
No votes
P Wallace
4%
C Gilroy
No votes

Total votes: 69

ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Re: Cardiff MOTM

Post by ardsrugbyards »

Nik his positives made it a very exciting game, his negatives well who cares.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Can't vote in Tapatalk but Paddy W for me. MA said earlier in the week he was running around like a 22 year old chomping at the bit and he was right. Kudos to Paddy who didn't look at all like he hadn't played a game in months. Very fresh and put himself about earning yet another head bandage! :red:
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Nonsense, PJ has come on leaps and bounds, 2 missed kicks after taking a big hit?

Seems to be a vendetta against the fella.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

dw7 wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:PJ

Functional but no Nick Evans.
Thank goodness for that.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Mark Anscombe MOTM for me. Hunger in the team, genuine competition for places, no apparent weaknesses from squad rotation, great set piece. Does the man make the team or vice-versa?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I went for Jacko - 'that' hit alone did it for me. I'll forgive him the missed kicks on the basis of that.

Nick pushed into 2nd for his handling errors, he'd be MOTM every week if he used both hands ffs :lol:

Honourable mentions to Payne, Wallace, Tuohy, Bowe, I could probably go on, boy this was a toughie this week - what a great place to be!

Long may it continue, SUFTUM :salut: :salut:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Tuohy for me.. immense in the loose, tackling was ferocious, great steal in the lineout, and scrummage was awesome... he and Court pulverised the Cardiff tighthead side of the scrum.. PJ close second.. he was cool, calm, brave and conducted the symphony sweetly..
Exterminate all rational thought
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

After winning by 29 points it amuses me to read that some people are bemoaning our missed kicks. I think if PJ hadn't hit the target once tonight we still would've denied them the LBP. Jackson was immense.

Went for Williams - what a ball carrier. Mentions for Wallace, Tuohy, Jacko, Bowe and Payne though, who also had sparkling individual performances.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

dw7 wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:PJ
Solid game.
Missed too many kicks.
Occasion in the first half when he took the ball infield when a quick outside pass left an easy 2 on 1 in the corner.
Reminds me of Stephen Donald.
Functional but no Nick Evans.
Don't get that at all- thought he played really well, varied his game well, tackled well and had a few cuts himself. He missed 3 kicks- 2 after that big hit he took getting the ball away sweetly which led to Bowe's try- I was just glad he got up after that. He is doing really well- very impressive so far this season.
Can't pick a man of the match myself- that was a great team performance- didn't think anyone let the side down or looked out of place.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Went with PJ, that pass was sublime, and solid overall. Amongst my runners up was wee Paul, surprised no one else mentioned him, bar one very odd decision, he was fantastic IMHO
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Pity I can only choose one otherwise I'd choose all 15 of them.
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Nobody has mentioned Henry - I thought he was outstanding, slowing ball in defence, speeding it up in attack.. I thought we had standout performances tonight by Williams, PJ, and Wallace,but Henry is my MOTM..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big-al wrote:Went for Payne.

Would have been Nick, only for some of knock ons and offloads that went to the oppo.
Big-al FFS , if only you hadn't mentioned knock ons & offloads that would all be fine, think you need to watch again to see what Jared did.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

darkside lightside wrote:Nobody has mentioned Henry - I thought he was outstanding, slowing ball in defence, speeding it up in attack.. I thought we had standout performances tonight by Williams, PJ, and Wallace,but Henry is my MOTM..
:salut: Was about to post that, as I forecast, Chris Henry showed Warburton how to play the breakdown. Thought he was magnificent for his 1st game of the season.

I went for PJ, knowing Fat NIck would win it, simply on the basis that the pack clearly won the game and so many of them played very well I wasn't picking one out. PJ ran a good backline & I am relieved to see the young man looking more accomplished by the game & he is one brave wee man too.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eggs wrote:Went with PJ, that pass was sublime, and solid overall. Amongst my runners up was wee Paul, surprised no one else mentioned him, bar one very odd decision, he was fantastic IMHO
Went with PJ but you are right about p, one brainfart but then he tried again & it worked a treat. Instrumental in the 1st try & very good all round. 2 years ago I never thought I'd post that. :cheers: