Which end?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Seamus
Novice

Which end?

Post by Seamus »

Due to (stupidly) relying on someone else to sort out tickets for Friday, I now have to get them myself for either the Memorial or Aquinas End rather than the terrace. I've never watched a game from either and never paid much attention to either from the terrace or the stand, so can any veterans of the ends advise me on which is better or if there's no real difference?
All advice - even 'they're both s****' - is appreciated
TheElephantMan
Steward

Re: Which end?

Post by TheElephantMan »

Aquinas End...... Come the heiny games the opposing fans are down near this end so they can see their players warming up.......Great atmosphere when the French supporters come a calling....
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

I second that. Bit of shelter from the elements up that end as well.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Get there early and stake out a place at the barrier :thumleft:
Finished
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Hoke out yer oul platforms Seamie...btw they're both s***!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Seamus
Novice

Post by Seamus »

Thanks for the replies and the advice. Aquinas it is, but never having stood there before I suppose it's possible I might get lost along the way
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There is a beer shack at the old stand side at Aquinas end, plus a burger van so you could get lost there as well :thumright:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Seamus
Novice

Post by Seamus »

Rooster wrote:There is a beer shack at the old stand side at Aquinas end, plus a burger van so you could get lost there as well :thumright:
I have the look of someone who's gotten lost in the vicinity of a few burger vans in the past, so that might work
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:There is a beer shack at the old stand side at Aquinas end, :
There's one on the Terrace side as well. +portabogs.

LKoP: Re - access control. They have ticket checks at each end of the terrace and access to Aquinas end via back of new stand.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
BR wrote:
LKoP: Re - access control. They have ticket checks at each end of the terrace and access to Aquinas end via back of new stand.
I wondered BR. From memory there is no barrier etc at the Old Stand Aquinas side.
Correct.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Any Aquinas ticket holders attempting to gain access through prom or back of old stand are directed to go around back of new stand.

Once at the end they are meant to then use toilets catering etc on terrace side. At Munster match last season they put out some barriers to create a block between prom and aquinas.

I had to use all my cunning and deception skills to get to prom that night!!!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is it "a fakking liberty mate" that UR would consider selling more tickets than would cater for a single line of people at each end or do they perhaps do so knowing in their heart of hearts that many cunning souls will find a better viewpoint within the ground by simple application of the slightest amount of native cunning?

Ooops, maybe I just let the bag out of the cat
bagoutoftehcat.jpg
bagoutoftehcat.jpg (5.27 KiB) Viewed 882 times

Hehehehe.............. and some of you thought the new Sparky was in poor taste :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'd love to see the new Manic Squirrel standing at the burger van pretending to eat one of those.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

On the subject of watching from behind the goals, it does give a slightly different perspective (obviously). You can watch defensive and attacking lines that you normally miss - resulting in spending most of the game guldering at the 3/4s.
I had the pleasure of watching 3 matches from behind the goals last season and enjoyed all three (2 greatly and one to a lesser extent ;) )
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

The Flegs got the cheap seats for the Semi at Lansdowne this year, I don't really watch many pro games behind the posts, but will always stand there when working or coaching a junior team.

Must say I really enjoyed the view at LR ... but it helped that the big screen was just a glance up as well.

Puts a different perspective on it. Regardless of where you stand I hope the place is rocking come Friday though - I reckon we could do a Colomiers on Castres and do a job on them before kick off.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"